Headlight Kit VS02

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased the VS02 headlight kit in black from dev_usc (Vishnu) at 10:50pm central time on 4-18-13. I am reserving this thread to give a thorough review, even though he has enough good feedback already. I am going to time stamp everything to the best of my ability and take photos.

I am doing this because, 1) I think it would help new people to the site who might be nervous about purchasing and 2) because I might as well tell people about my experience with purchasing, receiving, and assembling the kit. We'll see how it goes.

I can't wait to get it shipped!

Before and after photos are coming.

Last edited:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn it! I just realized I posted this in the Performance Mods section. Flame the noob! :spank:

If a moderator could move it to the correct location that would be awesome. Or if it doesn't matter, then ignore this post.

Thanks!

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I got an email from Vishnu on my personal email at 7:44am 4-19-13 asking me to confirm my address.

The payment process was easy and Vishnu is promptly communicating where we are in the shipping process. It's pretty awesome! Less than 12 hours after I paid for the product, Vishnu is working on sending it to me. Great experience so far!

thedigitel

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to threadjack here, but I'll add my experience also.

I just received my VS02 kit today and have started the installation. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get finished up. There were some parts missing, including the turn signals, and I had to purchase some longer bolts to mount the headlight. The little black windshield has some defects, and the headlight stay and other parts are obviously used take-offs. Not too impressed for $325.

On a funny note, this is how the package arrived at my door. Marked all over with what at first glance appears to be the word BOMB. Needless to say it had been x-rayed at customs, lol.

IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to threadjack here, but I'll add my experience also.

I just received my VS02 kit today and have started the installation. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get finished up. There were some parts missing, including the turn signals, and I had to purchase some longer bolts to mount the headlight. The little black windshield has some defects, and the headlight stay and other parts are obviously used take-offs. Not too impressed for $325.

On a funny note, this is how the package arrived at my door. Marked all over with what at first glance appears to be the word BOMB. Needless to say it had been x-rayed at customs, lol.

That stinks that you were missing the turn signals. I hope I don't have to buy extra parts. The reason I am buying it is because I am a newbie to the biking world and I I don't have working high beams nor do I have turn signals.

Now I am kinda nervous about the kit showing up all damaged or missing a bunch of parts.

Thanks for your contribution though. It will be helpful for others in the future.

thedigitel

Reaction score
Visit site
I finished the install today. Turned out pretty good. There is some buzzing at certain RPMs that I need to sort out, but pretty sure it's just the speedometer mount vibrating. Overall the wiring was probably the hardest part of the install, aside from having to purchase parts that were missing or incorrectly sized.

One thing to note, the hardware that comes with the kit is cheap looking so I replaced the bolts and washers that mount the speedometer plate with black pieces... I included a close-up showing what I'm talking about. The black stands out much less than what comes in the kit.

I plan on painting the little fairing pieces the same color as the bike which I think will really bring it together. Went on my first ride today and it feels great... I don't really have much to compare it to though as this was my maiden ride on the FZ6 and I didn't get to experience it with the full fairing.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
If you need the included turn signals or mirrors I'll be happy to send you mine for the cost of shipping.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sincerely sorry for the trouble with the package... I checked with warehouse and they informed me that they forgot the turn signals on few of the package and one of them was yours.. If you would like I can have them shipped to you...

appreciate your feedback on the bolts... all the bolts in the kit are stainless steel.. if you can tell me which bolts you had to change I would be glad to update the kit and change out those bolts for future..

about the word bomb.. the warehouse uses a shipping broker "bombino" (http://www.bombinoexp.com/) which then ships it via DHL, UPS, or Fedex.

Last edited:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Update: Received an email from Vishnu at 9:56pm on Monday April 22, 2013. The contents of the email were:
1) That the kit has been sent
2) Tracking information
3) Installation Instructions
4) And what has been updated on this kit from previous kits

Pretty fast response time so far. I am pretty pleased :cheer:

I will update this thread when the kit arrives.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Late update, but Thursday 4-25-13 my package was delivered, but I wasn't home. I made arrangements to pickup package today. Here are the results :D

This was SUPER FAST shipping. I ordered the product on a Friday and it was at my door step, half-way across the world in 6 days. Couldn't be happier with the response time!

After I am able to look more thoroughly, I let everyone know what it is in the box. After receiving my package (at work) I drove to the dealership and I bought all my gear (had to order everything because they didn't have anything in my size). I just dropped $1200 in gear! And that was after I flirted with the sales chick and she gave me a %10 discount! :Flip: Then I had a date tonight, so I wasn't able to look at the box until I got home. I am tired, so am going to bed. I have to work in 7 hours, so I am going to bed for now.

Installation and before/after photos are coming soon :thumbup:

For those that don't know, I don't know crap about mechanical stuff. I don't own any other tools than this multi-screwdriver thing and a hammer! So, if I am able to assemble it, then seriously, anyone can!

Frakes Overdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
Good stuff, cant wait to see your bike all finished. :rockon: In the process of getting a VS01 kit ordered from Vishnu and this is solidifying his already good reputation around here.
I'll post some pics of mine as soon as I get it/mount it. But I literally just e-mailed him yesterday and I don't expect anybody to work on a weekend so I'll need to find some extra patience somewhere.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
This is just the start. If I decide to keep the bike (If I choose not to trade for something longer--I am 6'4" and I think I look weird on it), then the photo that is attached is how I want my bike to look :rockon:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I promised photos of the installation process, and I have failed to do that. I have a great excuse though:

Last night, 4-27-13, I stopped by my friends work and talked with him about what tools I would need to buy. Then my other friend just happen to be there too. We made plans to have one of them drive my bike (with the scary looking headlight mod on it already :eek:) and we were just going to leave it in his garage overnight. Well, when we got there, they were both in the mood for a few beers and some mechanic work and said, let's do it right now!

So, in about 1.5 hours of listening to Dumb and Dumber in the background (we prefer to listen to funny movies or stand up comics while we hang out) we got everything on but the actual headlight, fairings, and turn signals. The previous owner did a lot of weird things to the front end. Really annoying, but we managed to get it figured out even though none of us have ever done anything like this before. It was actually really freaking easy and we had a good time.

When I get back to my buddy's garage today, I will take photos because I will actually have a camera handy. Here are the before photos I have.

Last edited:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Good stuff, cant wait to see your bike all finished. :rockon: In the process of getting a VS01 kit ordered from Vishnu and this is solidifying his already good reputation around here.
I'll post some pics of mine as soon as I get it/mount it. But I literally just e-mailed him yesterday and I don't expect anybody to work on a weekend so I'll need to find some extra patience somewhere.

One thing to note on the shipping, at least for me, I received one package via DHL shipping services and another package via standard USPS parcel. I wasn't expecting that so when I got the box from DHL, it didn't have the turn signals and I was kinda annoyed. Then I got home last night 4-27-13 and saw an email from dev_usc informing me that the headlights came separately. Doh!

It's all good though, I think I have everything. I know we are struggling to figure out how the headlight actually mounts up to the support. Right now, the headlight moves about an inch from side to side and we don't have any washers, extensions, or anything else left to remedy this problem. We are going to take a look today and we may have to run to Ace Hardware.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
We didn't need to run to Ace Hardware. We put on extension in a place that we weren't suppose to. So, we had some backpedaling to do (took 5 extra mins). My friend broke a piece of the headlight! :spank: But we figured out how to make it work. It doesn't look the prettiest on the inside, but luckily the fairing covers it up :thumbup:

Here it is

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
After I learn to ride the thing, the next mod I anticipate doing is FZ1 handle bars. The numbnuts who owned it before me scratched the triple tree all to hell. So, it doesn' look too good. BUT, that damn pointing edge is gone! :thumbup: and I can actually reach the ignition without dislocating my wrist!

Also, this is how dumb this guy was. Attached is a photo of the light bulb he had in the crappy headlight kit. I am pretty sure the previous owner got this out of his desk lamp! :confused: