Have you ever...........

Have you ever run from the cops on your motorcycle?

• Total voters

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. That, and I have too much respect for myself and the others who benefit from my being a good person. I'm not gonna lie, though, I am a little disappointed that the hubby says he would run....

I hope you have a comfy couch Reio! :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not as a licensed driver and not on running on public roads... When I was younger on dirt bikes and three wheelers, we had to make short runs on roads and crossings to get from point A to point B. Several times, the cops would be nearby and put chase to me but I knew more about trails and shortcuts than they did and always managed to elude them. Since we didn't have actual registrations back then and there were no plates, they could never prove who was on the bike (full faced helmets).

I've never even attempted to try and run in a cage or on the bike. Actually, never been stopped at all on the bike. Been stopped in the cage but not since 2000. It's not that I don't break the law, it's just that I'm very careful about when and where I do it. I *know* where they hide!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. That, and I have too much respect for myself and the others who benefit from my being a good person. I'm not gonna lie, though, I am a little disappointed that the hubby says he would run....

What i meant was if all the risks were removed (crashing, being caught, ect..) i would have no moral issues with evading the police, they have shown very little compassion to me, i would think of it as a round won. Seeing as there is NO WAY to remove the risks of it then i would not run, the risks are too great.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah crap, I thought the question meant run from the cops, like on foot. I ran in to the basement and hid underneath the staircase to avoid an underage ticket.:p

J

jsteinb95

Ah crap, I thought the question meant run from the cops, like on foot. I ran in to the basement and hid underneath the staircase to avoid an underage ticket.:p

LOL.....I meant on your motorcycle!!!!!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I watch too much tv to want to run from the cops. Have you seen what they do to the people they catch after a chase?

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I did it twice. Once on my Yamaha 100 enduro when I was a kid (I think about 15), riding on the rode (in northern Michigan) when I shouldn't have been (showing off for some classmates) at which time I past a copper going the opposite direction. I then took off in the woods and ditched the bike, from there went on foot home. Came back for my bike a few hours later and to my surprise at the time the bike was gone. The next day I went to the local cop shop looking for my faithful yamaha, of course it was in there garage. I told them I had loaned it to a friend the day before; I'm sure they didn't believe my story but still gave it back to me. Thank God for small town cops.

The second time was on my first road bike when I was 18. My uncle sold me his old Honda CB 450. I was speeding, maybe 15 over on a divided road with turn arounds in Dearborn Mi. I spotted the po po coming from the other side he turned his beacons on and was heading for the turn around to get me! I guess I knew I had the jump on him so kicked the big inline twin :Flash: into high gear. I jumped him by a good 1/4 mile before he was able to complete the turn, when I hit down town I was able to make several quick left and right turns at each block to get away. Looking back on it I'm sure I made the wrong choice. I'm sure at present day I would just eat the ticket and call it a day.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About 13 years ago my first bike was a '73 Kawasaki 250 enduro. I bought it from a friend with long-ago expired registration and a Texas plate. I was riding in the middle of the night to my girlfriend's house, waiting for a left turn light but I guess I didn't have enough metal to trip the sensor. This cop passes by me real slow looking at my plates, which made me nervous because I didn't have registration, didn't have a motorcylcle license or permit, my car driver's license was expired, and thought I might have had a warrant (that's another story). Anyway, he makes a left through the red, goes down the road and starts to u-turn and I know he's coming back at me.

I was about a 1/2 mile from the foothills and I knew I could get away in the dirt if I could make it so before he could get too close I blew the red light straight and headed for the dirt. Only problem was that this bike's TOP speed was like 40mph in 5th gear if I was lucky. I had the bike going all out but it must have been like watching a cheetah catch a zebra; he caught up to me in no time.

He asked me if I rode the bike all the way from Texas (icebreaker?) and then requested my license and went back to the car to check it. I just lit up a cigarette and tried not to look nervous but I was crapping myself. I thought ok here is where I lose my bike and go to jail for something stupid. And I was still technically on the clock at my graveyard job! After some deliberation, he comes back and tells me that I can't ride my bike any more because I don't have a motorcycle license...that's it! He says that I have to walk my bike home or leave it there by the side of the road but walking it home was a lot safer. I walked the bike about a block till he was gone then started it up and hauled a** out of there (at all of 40mph).