Haha WOOOOT! NOT my best moment!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, well, after like 19 consecutive successful wheelies at ~11,000-12,000 rpm I gave it waaaay toooo much throttle. I could have saved it when the front wheel came down the first time but I panicked and pulled the throttle a little and it magnified the imbalance from coming down rough.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1mtGYHmMM"]YouTube - Motorcycle wheelie gone wrong :)[/ame]

Uh oh spaghetti-oh!!!!

P.S. This was in a part of a parking lot where there was no way I could pose a danger to others or myself given the amount of gear I wear. I'd bring up the front tire, drop it down, slow to a crawl, turn around, repeat. :)

P.P.S. The bike is fine just a little scratched up, I am fine I wear a ton of gear. Woot!!

:cheer:

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some pics from the same day:

:Flash::Flash::Flash:

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
that video is crazy man but i would never try to pop the clutch from a standstill like that. either way practice makes perfect.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew! WOW! Brave from a standstill with that much RPM! Glad it was OK in the aftermath for ya.

:thumbup: for not practicing in a public way! :D

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
that video is crazy man but i would never try to pop the clutch from a standstill like that. either way practice makes perfect.
Haha seriously!!! Only way i do my wheelies are in first gear get it rollin to about 7500rpm, cut throttle, then re apply almost full throttle the bike just lifts, its very smooth and i got it to hold for about 200feet, so good enough as i'm just new to wheelies :p Dont want to use the clutch because too easy to over do it and its harder to catch it...

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Feel sorry for the person that buys that bike when you sell it. Who revs the crap out of it at a stand still then lets the clutch go?
lol, well its his bike he treats it like he wants. $hit he can drive the piss out of it if he wants to, throw it down a few times...Thats the risk of buying a used bike. Anyways reving it wont hurt it, redline starts at 14,000 so i dont see an issue reving up to 11,000...It takes guts to rev that high and use the clutch to do a wheelie.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, a good loop out followed by a splat would have been cool...well, not so much.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Feel sorry for the person that buys that bike when you sell it. Who revs the crap out of it at a stand still then lets the clutch go?

haha I do!! :cheer::rockon::cheer:

Might have been better served doing it from a rolling start i guess, haha ah well you live you learn.....I was just trying to make one REAAAALLLY high as all my prior attempts were ok but not as high as I was hoping for. I was showing off for the camera trying to get one to like 10 o'clock or so.

As for selling it I dont think I will sell it unless I have some kind of epic financial crisis or something. And even then i'd try to get by without selling it. It runs beautifully, and as for the aesthetics, honestly, i think it just adds character to the bike. Might swap out for a new front fairing or go naked next year. Unless the bike suffers actual mechanical problems where it needs fixing quite often I will be keeping her. I kept my first car and refuse to sell it, why would it be any different for Fizzy?

Evil_Knievel

Reaction score
Visit site
Try pre loading the suspension....alot... I bounce mine down hard in nail it in second gear... It comes up very very nice :) I wouldn't try to give any details but give a little gas at first then more, and more, you know? And if you time it just right it works perfect.. I stand up on the pegs when I bounce it then sit down... squeeze tight with my legs... and cover the back brake (always).. I can shift into 3rd and lock it but that's not really what I bought the bike for, And stunt riding is more suited for a race bike
for shocks oiling and the likes..... I do wonder... How good does the Fz6 oil when stood up??? I've probably went for a half mile or so but nothing more.. So what's the longest wheelie and did their SH!!!!T blow up??? I do not advocate any illegal or dangerous activity nor do I take responsibility for anything said above... It's just how I do it.... Later

Evil_Knievel

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and I second the idea of clutching it up being a bad idea... The bike will come of the ground straight throttle and you don't get the unloading/loaded effect, It stays engaged the whole time.. I can't see the video via my crappy computer but how are you doing the wheelie stand up/sit down???? How much do you weight?? Any who, SAFE RIDING!!!!!...

Edit: Dude, I finally watched the video and yea sittin still is a bad idea.... You loose all of the "gyro effect" if your not moving... 10/20 mph's is were I usally start but you need plenty of room.. Also, if you have both feet on the pegs you gain more side to side stability and can concentrate more on the front to back part.. Rear Brake control is a must have too, Not only to keep from looping but also for controling speed... You should be able to bounce it up in second and drag the brake almost to a stop, release and speed/raise the bike back up..Wish I had a video it's kinda hard to explain... Good save though..... Atleast you didn't drop it in the drive way.... That's battle scars.....:Edit ;)

Last edited:

Evil_Knievel

Reaction score
Visit site
Or you could drop it one time for no good reason:eek:.... And then put some buell lights on and try again:rockon:...