Got the demon front fairing

MoeRose

Reaction score
Visit site
I had one of those...the lights were a bit dim for my taste.
Pep Boys have a 2" round driving light that will fit into the holes with little mods.Much brighter,use 1 for dim 1 for bright

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had one of those...the lights were a bit dim for my taste.
Pep Boys have a 2" round driving light that will fit into the holes with little mods.Much brighter,use 1 for dim 1 for bright

well there are not many places around here that are dark but, I do plan on getting better bulbs anyways. Thanks for the info.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
How's the wind with that thing? I've heard people say the buffeting wind is because of the fairing(OEM) and I've heard others say that you need to make the windshield encompass the whole bike ( mild exageration there):Flip:

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How's the wind with that thing? I've heard people say the buffeting wind is because of the fairing(OEM) and I've heard others say that you need to make the windshield encompass the whole bike ( mild exageration there):Flip:

the wind isnt that bad but you can feel a little a difference.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks GREAT! It looks sinister... like a Dark Knight kind of bike. :D

Well done!!! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do the mirrors work for you? Bar ends would probably give you a better view and still keep that "evil" look. Very nice mod! :rockon:

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do the mirrors work for you? Bar ends would probably give you a better view and still keep that "evil" look. Very nice mod! :rockon:

yeah they do I got the bar ends on my lunch today. I posted a thread in the mods section about them. Yes, they are much, much better and when I get home I'll take a pic for everyone to see. The pics should be posted by no later than 7pm Eastern/USA time. Also I am putting on ghost indicators too.:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah they do I got the bar ends on my lunch today. I posted a thread in the mods section about them. Yes, they are much, much better and when I get home I'll take a pic for everyone to see. The pics should be posted by no later than 7pm Eastern/USA time. Also I am putting on ghost indicators too.:rockon:

Dooh! I just put two and two together! Sorry.

Now that you have published your goal of 7pm we are going to hold you to it! ;)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
If the wattage is the same as on the Acerbis, they are 55W bulbs.

I don`t think HID would work due to excessive heat... and this whole headlight is made of cheap plastic, so I would not recommend it.

To the OP: it looks good! I had an acerbis for a few weeks before swapping with something else... even though I liked the look, it was a little too cheap for my tastes (and I couldn`t stand the plastic number plate flopping around at speed).

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I don`t think HID would work due to excessive heat... and this whole headlight is made of cheap plastic, so I would not recommend it.

To the OP: it looks good! I had an acerbis for a few weeks before swapping with something else... even though I liked the look, it was a little too cheap for my tastes (and I couldn`t stand the plastic number plate flopping around at speed).

this is true about the plastics but it doesnt blow around much the way I have it placed I like it. I guess it just depends on your taste though.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

demon fairings only use 30w bulbs... the Cyclops (by acerbis) is the only DOT naked fairing that looks like these and it uses two 55w bulbs. I had one on my old bike and the lighting was sufficient but nothing to write home about.

sadiqabsar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All. I was looking at getting this fairing too. I crashed my FZ6 (faired) last week and all the front fairings were smashed. Yamaha reckon it will cost about £1000 to get back to the way it was but I'd rather change it to a naked any way. This will be the first time I have sone anything like this so if anyone could answer a few questions it would REALLY help me.

1) What would I actually need to purchase? I have on my list: new handlebar (old one is ruined), headlight (the very same Demon one), headlight brackets (are these required in addition to the fairing?), wing mirrors and handlebar mount adaptors (for the wing mirrors)

2) Honestly - how easy is the headlight/fairing to put on?

3) The clocks mounted on the handlebar? Did you get a bracket for this?

Also, according to what I have read, the other lights in the fairing are for the indicators. If I was to get a set of mirrors with integral indicators, is it a simple enough job to get these connected up also?

Sorry if this is all very simplistic - never done anything like this before but don't want to give up without giving it a go! :(

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All. I was looking at getting this fairing too. I crashed my FZ6 (faired) last week and all the front fairings were smashed. Yamaha reckon it will cost about £1000 to get back to the way it was but I'd rather change it to a naked any way. This will be the first time I have sone anything like this so if anyone could answer a few questions it would REALLY help me.

1) What would I actually need to purchase? I have on my list: new handlebar (old one is ruined), headlight (the very same Demon one), headlight brackets (are these required in addition to the fairing?), wing mirrors and handlebar mount adaptors (for the wing mirrors)

2) Honestly - how easy is the headlight/fairing to put on?

3) The clocks mounted on the handlebar? Did you get a bracket for this?

Also, according to what I have read, the other lights in the fairing are for the indicators. If I was to get a set of mirrors with integral indicators, is it a simple enough job to get these connected up also?

Sorry if this is all very simplistic - never done anything like this before but don't want to give up without giving it a go! :(

1)Just the demon fairing it comes with what you need to mount it.

2)Very easy it took me about 20mins to do.

3)yes and yes but be careful with it

4) yes that is what they are for but I just put an extra pair of the white bulbs in and made them my brights. I got aftermarket signals

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering why anyone would take off the stock fairing and change there lights. I know it's sure nice to have the fairing to break the wind. I'm not too impressed by those mods but to each his own. Just my opinion of course.