Got pulled over by a police officer

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Last sunday, I went out for a ride in the Harbor of Ghent.
Beautful weather, 20°C, blue sky, no traffic at all, clear open roads.

so it was almost noon when I practiced some kneedowns on a very big roundabout. It was sunday at noon so there was absolutely nobody on the road (except some other bikers).
That roundabout is the only place I practice my kneedowns because I can see many km ahead in all directions.

After about 20 circles and one huge smile on my face I went back home.
At one moment, I was stuck behind a cager. I could easilly pass him, but doing so I would break 2 traffic rules. Speeding and crossing a full white line.

I decided to be a good boy and stay behind the car, and missing the fun of an upcoming 90° turn.
As I came out of the turn there were 3 police vehicles parked, and a lot of policemen waving at me, to pull over.

So I pulled over and turned off the engine.
i knew I did nothing wrong, so it would be a interesting and friendly conversation. He asked my papers and went to check it.
all seems to be ok.

He told me that there were complaints from some people that bikes were racing these curves.
I told him that these roads are fun to ride, but racing would be stupid as there is some gravel on the road at some places.
He stared at me for about 4 second and then replied: Do you race here?
i started laughing and said no, I was just here to enjoy the scenery:rolleyes:

the cop said he does not drive a motorcycle, but would love to have one.
He really liked my fazer, so I offered him to take it for a quick testride. He declined because his supervisor was giving him the "No you can't-look"

the cop was surprised that I would let him take my bike for a ride, so he said something that was really interesting.

He told my that it was ok to exceed the speedlimit a little bit in a humane way to have some fun in the twisties, but in the blind turns and when houses or traffic around, that I better not exceed the speedlimit.
So he thanked me for the little chat and sent me back on my way.

there are nice cops after all! he clearly was a bike-lover.

I was also very lucky. if I decided to pass the cager, I would probably have had some bike-cops behind me and a huge ticket for speeding.:spank:

so I went back home, allerting all passing bikes to slow down, because you had to be crazy to drive at the max speed limit in those race-like roads. (it's like having to drive on the freeway at 70km/h)
:rockon:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pleased to hear you had a nice ride yesterday :thumbup:

In my experience most policemen are pretty reasonable as long as you don't act reckless or give them abuse.

I've ridden a couple of times with (offduty) policemen (in the UK), the only difference is they know where the speed camera's are :thumbup:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
It's nice to read a story about a cop being nice. To often you hear all the stories about the jerks who are out there.

Thank you.