got laid off work

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
What industry were you in?? Maybe somebody here could help if we knew what your experience was.

although now that I read your post again I see that you mentioned switching industries.

At any rate best of luck.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lone, sorry to hear about your bad news. Like you said though, a bike ride to clear your head is always a good thing. Good luck (although I doubt you''ll need it) finding a new job.

Cheers mate!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like there was/is some BS office politics going on there. I swear, businesses have become all about brown nosing and back stabbing, rather than hard work and recognition for that hard work. Sad. :thumbdown: But you're right, it is amazing how much good a ride can do! It's like all the stress and BS just melts away in the wake of wind and exhaust noise, and the taking in of some nice scenery. :thumbup:

Last edited:

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, bummer... I had my hours cut back about a year ago, had to pick up a second part time job to make ends meet(which is why I have not been super active here lately). You are not alone, many have lost their jobs to this crummy economy. I wish you the best of luck. Losing employment (and the income that comes with employment) can be unsettling and stressful. Again, I wish you the best!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
you're a young guy....early 20's?
sell all your sh*t and ride.........

Like this option!

Seriously though you may want to take this opportunity to move to California. Don't tell me you haven't thought it. I love my job and I have considered going to live next door to Cliff.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Architectural design.

I do want to go in a new direction, but I would love nothing more than to be able to move.

And I am 28. For several reasons moving may not be an option, but I really would love to. I will see if it is an option.

Cliff, can I be your butler? I am a terrible cook, terrible at cleaning, and have terrible manners.....but I sure am a great piece of eye candy! :D

I'll wear a french maid's outfit and everything!

Last edited:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Bad Karen. We don't want to see Lone's boobs and crack. No pictures please... I already have nightmares!

Sorry to hear you got laid off. I've been out of work for 4 months due to medical, and it isn't too bad if you got cash you can live on. The motorcycle will heal all wounds, and you will get a job in no time.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear. The good news is I know several people who were laid off in the worst of the recession in 2008/2009 and they have better jobs now then they did then.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
And I am 28. For several reasons moving may not be an option, but I really would love to. I will see if it is an option.

you're 28 ???!!!!
i thought you were like 22 !!
you're only 1 year younger than me !!!

you know you're getting old when you buy an ugly adventure bike!!! bwahahahaha :D:D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Like this option!

Seriously though you may want to take this opportunity to move to California. Don't tell me you haven't thought it. I love my job and I have considered going to live next door to Cliff.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Really? You would move to failing state, where jobs and companies are moving away or fading away(along with it's populace)? Seriously, unless you're going to make $70K or more a year(at least), forget it. Cost of living here is insane, and gets worse(along with taxes) every single year. However, if you really want to move here, I'll gladly trade states with you! lol Sorry for the rant, I just have a blinding hatred for this state. :spank:

Ah, didn't know you were 28! Same as me.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you're 28 ???!!!!
i thought you were like 22 !!
you're only 1 year younger than me !!!

you know you're getting old when you buy an ugly adventure bike!!! bwahahahaha :D:D

LOL

Haha yeah man. There was a time I would sooner have been put to death than trade an R1 for a dual sport. Haha our youth.....it is behind us. :p

Really? You would move to failing state, where jobs and companies are moving away or fading away(along with it's populace)? Seriously, unless you're going to make $70K or more a year(at least), forget it. Cost of living here is insane, and gets worse(along with taxes) every single year. However, if you really want to move here, I'll gladly trade states with you! lol Sorry for the rant, I just have a blinding hatred for this state. :spank:

Ah, didn't know you were 28! Same as me.

I started to look into it and work visa immigration waiting list is like 2 years. I guess I COULD just jump a fence....

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
LOL

Haha yeah man. There was a time I would sooner have been put to death than trade an R1 for a dual sport. Haha our youth.....it is behind us. :p

I started to look into it and work visa immigration waiting list is like 2 years. I guess I COULD just jump a fence....

As I understand it, Lone... the Visa waiting list is shrinking at the moment. There's a lot of Visas, but all of them have been spoken for on the filing day for the past decade or so. Apparently this is not the case this year.

Folks from India are seeing their local job market improve so much they are less inclined to come to the US, and possibly lose their job afterwards.

What industry are you in? Do you want to stay in it?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can find a company that'll sponsor you, there are ways you could move down here much quicker... the problem is finding one!

Sorry for the bad news and good luck Lone.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
do it.

funnypictureshistory-MallofAmericahereIcome.jpg

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL

Yep, you'd just be another illegal here, and nobody would even notice or care. LOL Now that I finally noticed that your're in Canada, I can say CA(as far as I know), isn't too terribly different from Canada. Our traffic enforcement isn't nearly as bad, that much I can tell you for sure anyways(good ol' radar detector forums, I've learned so much!). I will still maintain that there's far better states to choose. :D

I like Wavex's idea. It's another option at least. Depending on your skill set and experience, a good company might even help finance your way to the states, if that's what your're after.