GoPro Hero2

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my gopro hero 2 about a week ago and am wondering which video editing software everyone uses plus any tidbits on how to.make a portion of video super slow motion
Thanks guys

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I am waiting on mine so I really can't say what would work best for the GoPro, but I use Sony's Vegas Movie Studio for editing home movies.

Hopefully I'll have mine by the end of the week, so I'll definitely be watching this thread...

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. I've been using the rollbar mount on the handlebars. Let's make this the official picture/video thread for GoPro's? Show how you have your stuff mounted up too!

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. I've been using the rollbar mount on the handlebars. Let's make this the official picture/video thread for GoPro's? Show how you have your stuff mounted up too!

I got a motorsports package hero 1 and have just been messing with the suction cup mount so far. I have a helmet in for repair and I don't want to waste a sticky mount on a lid that I rarely use.

Right now I have it on the tank like so:

It's just tethered with a few zip ties, nothing fancy. I tried it on the tail for some motogp butt cam action too, and secured it down with a cargo net that I wrapped all around and thru the suction cup base.

Butt cam @ 720

Photograph from the tank mount:

720@60fps from the tank mount:

I still haven't gotten into messing with editing or the like yet. Having these shots is mostly for me.

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
However your post doesn't really pertain to this thread but thanks for playing! !!

I was uploading images :thumbup:, meanwhile all you've done is ask a bike forum for video editing questions, and bitch when you don't get an answer in a day.

Take a deep breath, no one owes you anything.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the pics and yes I did ask a bike forum for which video editing software they use mostly cause well because I mostly shoot video from my bike and wanted to know what people here in the forum use but I do appreciate your input. Thank you for your post. Btw the name is Patrick.

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the pics and yes I did ask a bike forum for which video editing software they use mostly cause well because I mostly shoot video from my bike and wanted to know what people here in the forum use but I do appreciate your input. Thank you for your post. Btw the name is Patrick.

Nick, here.

I remembered a post I read on another forum and rather than paraphrasing it (since I actually know nothing about the program) I'll just copy/paste it here:

GoPro does have the Cineform software, which is useful for transcoding, converting timelapses, and cropping video, but thats about it.

Really, with any camera, you're going to need to settle on a video editing software package that you like. The good thing about that is that you can use that software to edit any video from any camera.

I would seriously recommend that people check out Lightworks Lightworks

It was a previously for-pay, closed source video editor, used to edit some movies you have probably heard of:

"quote:

Lightworks has enjoyed a long and successful history with film and we’re seeing more and more projects, such as Martin Scorsese’s current film Hugo, using Lightworks as their NLE of choice."

They've now gone to a free pricing model, with add-ons costing money.

I'm pretty heavily tied to Premiere right now, but I'm going to start looking at Lightworks, because thats a whole hell of a lot of functionality for free.

Sounds like something to try, but like I said I haven't gotten around to worrying about editing.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I just use windows movie maker...nothing too fancy, but it has all the bells and whistles I need and it came with my computer :).

Usually I just take several random movies from different mounting locations and then edit them together. I didn't make any adjustments to the gopro right out of the box and it seems to work just like I want it to.
Here's a sample of what you can do with simple editing software:

Mellow Morning Ride - YouTube

I'd post a still photo also, but they basically look just like the ones already posted. Great quality for a small unit in motion.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah. I'm trying to fashion up a under seat mount today when I get home rearward facing

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
This is just a screenshot from a video, but Ferrari (maybe?) that I passed on my way to work last week.

zrU1U2

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a used GoPro HD from my neighbor for helping him out on a few projects.

I'm not a big editor kind of person. I found this AVS4U software that works for me so I can edit clips and make an upload to Youtube. It has a free trial version and if you pay a few bucks more you can buy all their software as a package.

So try the trial version and if it's good....:D

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a used GoPro HD from my neighbor for helping him out on a few projects.

Where do you have yours mounted Cliff? I like the suction cup on the tank because, well, it just works and it does it so well. But I can't use my tank bag when I have it on. I noticed that when I have it on the bars it gets the vibrations like crazy.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it for my group ride that is coming up on Saturday. I was thinking about just using a 3M mount and facing it backwards on 30 second picture mode to get some cool shots, or leaving it forward to catch all of the guys in front of me. I like the idea of it being in front of me, so I can see it and know if it decides to go wandering off, haha.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where do you have yours mounted Cliff? I like the suction cup on the tank because, well, it just works and it does it so well. But I can't use my tank bag when I have it on. I noticed that when I have it on the bars it gets the vibrations like crazy.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it for my group ride that is coming up on Saturday. I was thinking about just using a 3M mount and facing it backwards on 30 second picture mode to get some cool shots, or leaving it forward to catch all of the guys in front of me. I like the idea of it being in front of me, so I can see it and know if it decides to go wandering off, haha.

I usually mount it on the tank. I use a Manta tank bag and between the shape of my tank and the smaller bag, it works out great. I also mount it to the windshield but as you say vibration between the big twin and flexing doesn't work well.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I mounted it yesterday on the swing arm I'll post a screen shot when I get home