Goodbye and thanks!! made the jump...

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Well folks, it was a short ownership, 15 months to be exact but I've loved every minute of it! The support here has been fantastic and helped me do quite a few mods, all approved by the new owner. Many thanks to everyone involved.

Here's the old replaced by the new - much love!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a Triump Sprint ST dude! Voted one of, if not the best, sport tourers by Cycle World.

CONGRATS on the purchase! I'm very jealous, those things ain't cheap. I'm like you, very interested in the sport touring.

More details! Year model? Modifications? Does it sound like a formula 1 car?

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
WB - You'd be surprised Blah :thumbup:

This ones a 2006 with 26k on the clock. I was looking for between 10-15k miles but read loads about these easily hitting 100k without issues - plus i literally stole this one for the money I paid :rolleyes:. No mods really apart from soft panniers, Triumph heated grips, uprated screen. I've ordered some white indicator lenses for the mirrors so far and want the hard luggage when i can find some in good cond. Sounds amazing! very addictive leaving it in 2nd/3rd between 30-40mph and listening to it burble and pop on over run :D Power is constant and in every part of the rev range, gear changes are smooth - down sides are the brakes aren't great and the suspensions a bit soft - otherwise I regret nothing :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Great looking lines! I think the inline triple will become the standard inline engine because of it's smoothness and additional torque compared to inline 4's.

That under tail looks so good! :)

Wait a minute! Where are you going? Do you realize how many of us are on different bikes now and still here? Nowadays we're surprised if we see an FZ6 on a forum ride!Lol!

Last edited:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Great looking line! I think the inline triple will become the standard inline engine because of it's smoothness and additional torque compared to inline 4's.

That under tail looks so good! :)

Wait a minute! Where are you going? Do you realize how many of us are on different bikes now and still here? Nowadays we're surprised if we see an FZ6 on a forum ride!Lol!

Errr, does anyone know when the 1050riders website will be up and running? :D

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I nearly bought an St before I pulled the trigger on the XJR, damn nice bike mate.
See, I,m still here and I no longer have an FZ Blah

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I too bought a Triumph Sprint ST after my FZ6. Still love this forum!!! Better than Sprint forum fo sho.

Yep, it does sound fantastic!!!

Almost passed my hubby yesterday at 110mph. I gave him a head start too. :cheer::rockon: He was on his VFR800.

The triple is super smooth with tons of torque. Enjoy it!!! I sure do.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers everyone :thumbup:

Monica, it's definitely a different ride but that engine is something else Blah , I noticed on paper that the FZ6 had the edge in the lower MPH figures and I feared I'd miss the powerband jolts in the top end of the rev range.... but! the triple pulls in virtually any gear - overtaking is more of a breeze, down side is you don't realise how quickly you get to the higher speeds. Super addictive!

My arms are killing me after every ride atm, might need some rises I think - I also need to service the front brakes as they just aren't as sharp.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll still nip in every now and again :thumbup:

My issue is being a member of so many forums, really tarting myself out these last few years in the quest of knowledge! :bow::innocent:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats! that 1050 is very nice! i loved it on my tiger, and with the tor pipe it sounded soooo good! i like the 2bros sound but would get old for me before long, but that tor was nice! enjoy the ride.

and we still have our fz6 as it is her bike and she loves it and it fits what she needs/wants so well and we paid more than good enough price i dont see it going anywere!