Hello FZ6 forum!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm (as of 4 days ago) a proud owner of a 2007 FZ6!!

Picked mine up for $4100 with about 3750mi on it after 3 years with my trusty 2001 Ninja 250.

Here's some shots of it!
1172544_10200621309878668_1636622118_o.jpg

1239124_10200621309798666_1271058409_o.jpg

1082552_10200621309758665_821554901_o.jpg

I was hoping one of you could confirm this is the S2 model (I believe I have, given the placement of the front turn signals but I'd love a second opinion!)

Mods I'm looking at doing are practical so far:
Dual HIDs (true) with both running at the same time.
Some kind of cruise control added.

Other than that I haven't ridden it long enough to still feel 100% at home with it yet but I'm getting there. Definitely loving the torque and endless pull it has in comparison to the Ninja (not to mention useful and smooth power all the way from 2000rpms).

I don't believe I've gone over 10K yet so any performance enhancements will likely wait until atleast next years riding season. I'll focus on getting it more personalized to my liking and improving its comfort left...as I chose this over a CBR600F4i that I originally went to look at.

If any of you are wondering why I changed, I'll tell ya. I actually was pretty happy with the Ninja, it did everything I *needed* it to do but there was a BIG problem I could not tolerate....its carburetor! With fairly frequent short runs to work, and having to work the choke and the bike never being happy unless 100% warmed up (which by the way it didn't always stay warmed up on a cool day...), I just couldn't take its boggy inconsistent ass anymore. :D

I was really taken by the new Ninja 300 and loved how it felt when I checked on out at the dealership (had everything I wanted, EFI, more power, better gas mileage.), but I never got to ride one. The way I looked at it...I knew I wanted either the new 300 or a used 600 around the same price as I would have paid for the Ninja. I was on CL for a bit and saw the CBR for $4400 and figured I checked it out after some research it seemed like a sweet bike and a logical upgrade from the 250, when I got there the guy let me see that and then showed me this...and after I sat on this and then sat back on the CBR I was immediately feeling how uncomfortable the CBR was in comparison (and the F4i isn't even as "racey" as a CBR600RR as far as handlebar position). So I decided on the FZ...it just made too much sense. $300 less, center stand, exhausts under the tail (something I've always wanted), a year newer, and 3000mi less.

I believe I've rambled enough so anyway, I hope to be a useful addition to the forums during my stay for quite some time (I plan to keep this thing until it takes its last breathe!) and happy to be here!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our forum!
Yes it is S-2. Front fender, brake caliper, swing arm, fairing, sub frame are all S-2. :)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our forum!
Yes it is S-2. Front fender, brake caliper, swing arm, fairing, sub frame are all S-2. :)
Thanks!! I was a little sad when I found out there were both versions and I may have gotten an S (as the title called it an FZ6S) so I just wanted a second opinion from a better trained eye.

I did notice the obvious swingarm and the turn signals as correct when looking at a model guide I found in one of the threads.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome as well! :welcome:

Great deal on the best year and COLOR.

+1 on its an S2, exactly the same as mine:thumbup:

PICTURE!
**Peaks out window of work to make sure his bike hasn't been stolen**
"PHEW!" :BLAA:

Yeah I love how bold the blue it, really has pop to it that calls out from a distance!!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To a fantastic forum and motorcycle! You have the fastest blue version too! Great to have you on the forum. Please ride safe and enjoy the ride. :thumbup:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To a fantastic forum and motorcycle! You have the fastest blue version too! Great to have you on the forum. Please ride safe and enjoy the ride. :thumbup:
Thanks, I believe you're right on the fast edition! :D

:welcome: aboard!
Thank you!!

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

Look at Scotts headers in the photo.:rockon:
Thanks!

I noticed them the second look....so shiny!!!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
s1 ('04-'06) and s2 ('07-'09) are generations of the FZ6, not different models with updates to the bodywork, instrument cluster, and subframe

the FZ600s is a completely different bike from the late 80s (could be early 90s)

The FZ6R is the replacement to the FZ6 and is also a completely different bike

oh and welcome to the asylum:BLAA:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
s1 ('04-'06) and s2 ('07-'09) are generations of the FZ6, not different models with updates to the bodywork, instrument cluster, and subframe

the FZ600s is a completely different bike from the late 80s (could be early 90s)

The FZ6R is the replacement to the FZ6 and is also a completely different bike

oh and welcome to the asylum:BLAA:

I thought that's what I read but one thread said there were S1 2007s that were just 2006 models rebadged. (Making an S1 2007 possible)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that's what I read but one thread said there were S1 2007s that were just 2006 models rebadged. (Making an S1 2007 possible)

From what I've very recently read here on the forum, in certain countries, your could have a NEW S1, (say an actual 2004 model) sit in the showroom. It gets sold in 2008, its registered as an 2008 model, S2(even thou it is a 2004)...

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I've very recently read here on the forum, in certain countries, your could have a NEW S1, (say an actual 2004 model) sit in the showroom. It gets sold in 2008, its registered as an 2008 model, S2(even thou it is a 2004)...
Ah, that makes more sense then and likely what was/is happening.

I did see a lot of people saying the North American version always gets the 98hp motor, I guess that might be why.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, that makes more sense then and likely what was/is happening.

I did see a lot of people saying the North American version always gets the 98hp motor, I guess that might be why.

Re the 98 HP engine that's a different matter. As I understand, again from reading here on the forum, in the US, (to my knowledge), there are no restrictions re the HP.

Europe and possibly others (I believe), has some much stricter drivers licenses as to what they have to start with, a smaller HP bike (the restricted engine) and after a certain amount of time, can work up to a higher HP engine(un-restricted).

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re the 98 HP engine that's a different matter. As I understand, again from reading here on the forum, in the US, (to my knowledge), there are no restrictions re the HP.

Europe and possibly others (I believe), has some much stricter drivers licenses as to what they have to start with, a smaller HP bike (the restricted engine) and after a certain amount of time, can work up to a higher HP engine(un-restricted).
Makes sense EU has stricter tailpipe emission laws too I'd imagine

Welcome! Another vote for best year and color!!

And yes, here in the US, we don't have all the HP variations and such. No need to worry.
Thanks, I believe it !

Great news!!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to a great bike and forum! :welcome:

You made the right choice!

I've had my FZ6 since it was brand new and have put 18,000 trouble free miles on it.

Super sport bikes are fun but only when you are <25 and only for about 30 minutes until your wrist falls alsleep or your neck gets stiff from the sport riding position. I've taken my FZ6 on some of the most curvy roads in the country and it handles those fine, I've also put 1,000 miles on it in 3 days and that would have put me in the hospital with my weak back if that was on a F4i!

You will miss the 75 mpg tanks of gas on the Ninja 250 but you will forget about that when you can easily pass an 18 wheeler at 90 mph and merge onto an on-ramp on the freeway without hoping the little 250 can get you up to speed before you are run over! Most of us get 45-50 mpg fuel economy on the FZ6. It's not that bad for the power it has.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to a great bike and forum! :welcome:

You made the right choice!

I've had my FZ6 since it was brand new and have put 18,000 trouble free miles on it.

Super sport bikes are fun but only when you are <25 and only for about 30 minutes until your wrist falls alsleep or your neck gets stiff from the sport riding position. I've taken my FZ6 on some of the most curvy roads in the country and it handles those fine, I've also put 1,000 miles on it in 3 days and that would have put me in the hospital with my weak back if that was on a F4i!

You will miss the 75 mpg tanks of gas on the Ninja 250 but you will forget about that when you can easily pass an 18 wheeler at 90 mph and merge onto an on-ramp on the freeway without hoping the little 250 can get you up to speed before you are run over! Most of us get 45-50 mpg fuel economy on the FZ6. It's not that bad for the power it has.
Thanks!!

Yeah just sitting on the f4i after the FZ6 and I knew I'd regret passing up the FZ's comfort.

Well I only got like 50-65MPG on the Ninja so I figured I could go down a couple teeth on the rear on the FZ to get better highway mileage. I'll make some small performance improvements so that the acceleration will be restored give or take but I actually took the Ninja up a tooth on the front and I didn't really feel the acceleration hit but the engine thanked me. I'm pretty confident that I can get the FZ into the mid 50s atleast when all is said and done.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!!

Yeah just sitting on the f4i after the FZ6 and I knew I'd regret passing up the FZ's comfort.

Well I only got like 50-65MPG on the Ninja so I figured I could go down a couple teeth on the rear on the FZ to get better highway mileage. I'll make some small performance improvements so that the acceleration will be restored give or take but I actually took the Ninja up a tooth on the front and I didn't really feel the acceleration hit but the engine thanked me. I'm pretty confident that I can get the FZ into the mid 50s atleast when all is said and done.

If you have good restraint of the right hand, you'll more than half way to attaining mid 50's on a FZ6. :BLAA: