Hello FZ6 forum!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have good restraint of the right hand, you'll more than half way to attaining mid 50's on a FZ6. :BLAA:

Is that highway, beating around town or? I rarely get on the interstate, and am usually at 47, 48 MPG(around town, maybe to 60 most of the time, taking it pretty easy on the throttle.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at your photos again (man, that looks like my bike!) and noticed it appears to have the original Bridgestone tires. (You can confirm by looking at the manufactured date on them) If they are original, you should consider replacing them pretty soon.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at your photos again (man, that looks like my bike!) and noticed it appears to have the original Bridgestone tires. (You can confirm by looking at the manufactured date on them) If they are original, you should consider replacing them pretty soon.
Just because of their age you mean?? I know the tread's good but I'm assuming their 6ish year old age will soon become a safety hazard, if so...might be burnout time :BLAA:

I might check for crackiness tomorrow.

Good point(s) though, I hadn't even thought that actually still having the original tires would turn out to be a bad thing lol

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A beautiful specimen of the blue '07 fz6. Just like mine, except far, far prettier.

Yours is the pretty woman in the little black dress compared to my battered old hag. And well...Scott's is the 10/10 chin dragging jaw dropper of them all :BLAA:

Anyway welcome aboard!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A beautiful specimen of the blue '07 fz6. Just like mine, except far, far prettier.

Yours is the pretty woman in the little black dress compared to my battered old hag. And well...Scott's is the 10/10 chin dragging jaw dropper of them all*

Anyway welcome aboard!
Thank you my good sir!!

Haha I appreciate the praise but I actually hate that it's so shiny because I never clean my car and never cleaned my Ninja (much)...so I feel like I have to baby it. I just tend to enjoy something more that has all of the ride/drive I've given it :) . I mean I'm very appreciative to get a new car or bike that's purdy but when it's mine I like to just spend all my time enjoying it not making it look good for other people because I'll love it no matter how it looks.

Glad to be aboard Skipper!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think the ninjetta helped you to get ready for the FZ, or do you think you should have started on the FZ?:confused:

I have an 07 ninjetta that I love to death.:rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm (as of 4 days ago) a proud owner of a 2007 FZ6!!

Picked mine up for $4100 with about 3750mi on it after 3 years with my trusty 2001 Ninja 250.

Here's some shots of it!

I was hoping one of you could confirm this is the S2 model (I believe I have, given the placement of the front turn signals but I'd love a second opinion!)

Mods I'm looking at doing are practical so far:
Dual HIDs (true) with both running at the same time.
Some kind of cruise control added.

Other than that I haven't ridden it long enough to still feel 100% at home with it yet but I'm getting there. Definitely loving the torque and endless pull it has in comparison to the Ninja (not to mention useful and smooth power all the way from 2000rpms).

I don't believe I've gone over 10K yet so any performance enhancements will likely wait until atleast next years riding season. I'll focus on getting it more personalized to my liking and improving its comfort left...as I chose this over a CBR600F4i that I originally went to look at.

If any of you are wondering why I changed, I'll tell ya. I actually was pretty happy with the Ninja, it did everything I *needed* it to do but there was a BIG problem I could not tolerate....its carburetor! With fairly frequent short runs to work, and having to work the choke and the bike never being happy unless 100% warmed up (which by the way it didn't always stay warmed up on a cool day...), I just couldn't take its boggy inconsistent ass anymore. :D

I was really taken by the new Ninja 300 and loved how it felt when I checked on out at the dealership (had everything I wanted, EFI, more power, better gas mileage.), but I never got to ride one. The way I looked at it...I knew I wanted either the new 300 or a used 600 around the same price as I would have paid for the Ninja. I was on CL for a bit and saw the CBR for $4400 and figured I checked it out after some research it seemed like a sweet bike and a logical upgrade from the 250, when I got there the guy let me see that and then showed me this...and after I sat on this and then sat back on the CBR I was immediately feeling how uncomfortable the CBR was in comparison (and the F4i isn't even as "racey" as a CBR600RR as far as handlebar position). So I decided on the FZ...it just made too much sense. $300 less, center stand, exhausts under the tail (something I've always wanted), a year newer, and 3000mi less.

I believe I've rambled enough so anyway, I hope to be a useful addition to the forums during my stay for quite some time (I plan to keep this thing until it takes its last breathe!) and happy to be here!

(PS...if any of you know a decent motorcycle that won't tear apart my like my current and previous one, and that is still reasonably priced...let me know!)
Welcome to this great forum,
I congratulate you on your motorcycle progression. For the future it might be worth resizing the pictures to allow better readability of the thread text.
Good luck and be safe,

Neil

I was hoping one of you could confirm this is the S2 model (I believe I have, given the placement of the front turn signals but I'd love a second opinion!)

Mods I'm looking at doing are practical so far:
Dual HIDs (true) with both running at the same time.
Some kind of cruise control added.

Other than that I haven't ridden it long enough to still feel 100% at home with it yet but I'm getting there. Definitely loving the torque and endless pull it has in comparison to the Ninja (not to mention useful and smooth power all the way from 2000rpms).

I don't believe I've gone over 10K yet so any performance enhancements will likely wait until atleast next years riding season. I'll focus on getting it more personalized to my liking and improving its comfort left...as I chose this over a CBR600F4i that I originally went to look at.

If any of you are wondering why I changed, I'll tell ya. I actually was pretty happy with the Ninja, it did everything I *needed* it to do but there was a BIG problem I could not tolerate....its carburetor! With fairly frequent short runs to work, and having to work the choke and the bike never being happy unless 100% warmed up (which by the way it didn't always stay warmed up on a cool day...), I just couldn't take its boggy inconsistent ass anymore. :D

I was really taken by the new Ninja 300 and loved how it felt when I checked on out at the dealership (had everything I wanted, EFI, more power, better gas mileage.), but I never got to ride one. The way I looked at it...I knew I wanted either the new 300 or a used 600 around the same price as I would have paid for the Ninja. I was on CL for a bit and saw the CBR for $4400 and figured I checked it out after some research it seemed like a sweet bike and a logical upgrade from the 250, when I got there the guy let me see that and then showed me this...and after I sat on this and then sat back on the CBR I was immediately feeling how uncomfortable the CBR was in comparison (and the F4i isn't even as "racey" as a CBR600RR as far as handlebar position). So I decided on the FZ...it just made too much sense. $300 less, center stand, exhausts under the tail (something I've always wanted), a year newer, and 3000mi less.

I believe I've rambled enough so anyway, I hope to be a useful addition to the forums during my stay for quite some time (I plan to keep this thing until it takes its last breathe!) and happy to be here!

(PS...if any of you know a decent motorcycle that won't tear apart my like my current and previous one, and that is still reasonably priced...let me know!)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think the ninjetta helped you to get ready for the FZ, or do you think you should have started on the FZ?:confused:

I have an 07 ninjetta that I love to death.:rockon:
Yeah I think it did (though I wonder if a decent MSF course or two would have been equally as beneficial).

I still love my 2001 Ninjette, I rode it to the DMV to get this bike transferred over and was like "WOW where's the power"....then I fell back in love with its handling and smoothest shifting ever.

you never HAVE to take it over 6k, but you'll WANT TO once you get comfortable. be careful though the exhaust note at 8k is powerfully addictive.
Haha I'll keep that in mind :thumbup:

Welcome to this great forum,
I congratulate you on your motorcycle progression. For the future it might be worth resizing the pictures to allow better readability of the thread text.
Good luck and be safe,

Neil
Thanks! Yeah, I did shrink them but I guess it wasn't enough. Sorry!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I still love my 2001 Ninjette, I rode it to the DMV to get this bike transferred over and was like "WOW where's the power"....then I fell back in love with its handling and smoothest shifting ever.

!
Hold that thought. Your Ninjette and FZ6 could not be any more opposite in the shifting regard! One of the best and one of the worst I've owned. But, I do think the RED shifts a little better than the blue ;)

:welcome: