Getting pissed

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the high in louisville kentucky is in the 40s, and its gonna be pretty cold all week, but no rain. Then, when the temp goes up to the 70's, its rain rain rain rain rain on the weather channel forcast for next week. I wonder if ill get any good weekend rides in the future? Damn global warming. /kicks something:rant:

W

wrightme43

Type in your zipcode. This site is from the guy that founded the weather channel and is much more accurate in my experince. He left because global warming is BS in his opinion, and didnt want to be involved with scaremongering. Tues, Wends, Thursday all look good.

On the cold note, see my Fieldsheer Highland II review. Its toasty warm, and waterproof. Sometimes you just gotta ride in the rain. Its actually kinda fun once you get used to it.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a fair weather biker. I know that sounds less than hard core, but I prefer ideal riding conditions as much as possible. My daily job keeps me wet and cold or wet and hot, or any variation therein.

H

HavBlue

Well, the high in louisville kentucky is in the 40s, and its gonna be pretty cold all week, but no rain. Then, when the temp goes up to the 70's, its rain rain rain rain rain on the weather channel forcast for next week. I wonder if ill get any good weekend rides in the future? Damn global warming. /kicks something:rant:

Global warming has nothing to do with what you are currently experiencing. Rain on the other hand is just one part of living in Kentucky and I guess you either get used to it or move to the southwest. I will however say if the data from GRACE is even close to being accurate we have a really big problem headed our way and it will make global warming seem minor to millions of people here on Earth.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Type in your zipcode. This site is from the guy that founded the weather channel and is much more accurate in my experince. He left because global warming is BS in his opinion, and didnt want to be involved with scaremongering. Tues, Wends, Thursday all look good.

On the cold note, see my Fieldsheer Highland II review. Its toasty warm, and waterproof. Sometimes you just gotta ride in the rain. Its actually kinda fun once you get used to it.

Something more accurate than the weather channel sound good to me!

Type my zip into what? Is there a website that you're referring to?

Thanks,
Travis

H

HavBlue

When I first came to the Bowling Green area in 2006 I was told by more than a few people if I didn't like the weather to wait 20 minutes and it could all change. This I have come to know as being very true and finding somebody to accurately predict the weather has been difficult at best. An example of this would be the two links posted below. They are both for this area and you will note they are different.

Bowling Green, Kentucky (42102) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 36.98N and Longitude -86.44W (Elev. 544 ft)

Take a look at Friday. One would indicate it will rain or could rain and the other would indicate no rain in the forecast and sunny with a high of 72 degrees F.....

I gave up trying to figure out what the weather will be like and just ride. It could all change in 20 minutes anyway.....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking GREAT in NH for the next two weeks! I'll be commuting every day.

I don't mind coming home in the rain but I hate having to go to work in the rain. I'd be OK if I bought some water proof gloves. I have a Nelson Rigg rain suit that rocks!!

Bryan

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah weather in MI stinks as well. This has been one long winter.. Can't wait to start riding to work.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta hand it to you guys in other parts of the country/world, I wouldn't have the patience. I thought I was in hell when I moved from Southern California to Northern California because it rained more than a couple of days a year.

On the bright side you guys have more time to have your bikes apart to do the mods. :eek:

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like spring is here in MI. Well I hope to at least. Looks like I can ride every day for the next week 50's and 60's. Some rain but no big deal