winter -- givi muffs(review+pics)

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
so major temp drops the leather gloves just dont cut it , numb/purple fingers after my 25 min ride to work (and 25 back) i just couldnt handle it anymore so bought the givi muffs it was them or heated grips but i couldnt be assed wiring anything up - got them on ebayuk for £36 , they look a bit crappy on the bike tbh and i find them quite dangerous - 1st time i put them on i went around the car park to see how id like them to test them out and the engine cut off was turned off by the actual muff :/ possibly i did with my hand it but im sure it was the actual muff also the right hand side due to the fluid holder and where it straps to the handle bar it kinda pulls back the front brake due to the way they attach but after a week of using them ( and no purple fingers ) ive finally gotten used to them , still think there dangerous tho, i live in dublin city center so theres a lot of stop/go with traffic lights /heavy traffic etc so i pull my hands out of them when stopped and i kinda fiddle alot with my visor too when driving pulling it up and down it wiping tears from my eye while visor up in cold weather/rain from the visor and it might sound dumb but its not very easy access to get your hand back in the muff so like stopping in an emergency or anything will be hindered big time if you dont keep ur hand in there ! , heres a few pics of how ugly they are ( i taped down the cut off as to avoid this happening at speed as i dont want to die just yet ! ) final verdict - worth it for the money but these will defo be coming off as soon as the cold spell is gone

Last edited:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to thread steal but you can't beat these for $21

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055DN4GE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]KATAHDIN GEAR KG GAUNTLETS W/WIRE OPENING - BLACK KG01134 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of the Bagsters Mittens. No issues with the engine cut off switch, but it took a whole for me to get use to using the turn signals with the mittens. You will also get better placing your hands In and out while riding. I combine my mittens with heated gloves and I pretty much can ride in any conditions