FZ8 Compatability?

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
I was wondering if anybody has had any luck with, or done research into the compatability of bolt-on accessories for the FZ8 with our FZ6... Specifically frame plugs and pillion peg blanking plates?

R&G have recently released a number of products for the FZ8 that have caught my eye; the frame plugs (left and right) and blanking plates.

I've trawled Google images for high res photos of the FZ8 and by eye, both the plugs and plates look to be compatible...

The frame plugs are a certain purchase if they do fit as Yamaha only supply one side and J Speed only come in silver... The blanking plates would be a bonus (albeit expensive bonus) as I've never come across anything like them before!

Anybody with access to an FZ8 or insider knowledge would be much appricaited!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No idea if those will work, but they look great! Cheap enough.. someone should just buy'em and try. I'm sure they'll take returns if they don't fit.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i just send an email to 1 of the R&G sellers in my country, will wait for his reply and updates you guys here.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
nope. he said the frame plugs wont be able to fit fz6. but hey, if any1 have tried and the result is otherwise, pls post yeah.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i also had my hopes up there when Jb40k posted this, that's y i contacted the seller over here.
but for all you might know, he is just going according to the r&g website.. so someone might want to give it a try and see if it works.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I read in one of my motorcycle magazines that the FZ8 has 43mm USD forks. Those would work on the FZ6, right? Although, it would be pretty tough to find a set seeing as how it's just been out a few weeks