FZ6 vs V-Strom vs Suzuki gsx650f

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
parts for the FZ6 will not be a problem should they stop production, I used to have a FZR600, which was made from 1989-1999, never had or heard of a problem finding new or used parts. Mine was a 1997 that I bought new and just sold last year, and it never needed anything major parts-wise, just maintenance items and a few fork and electrical parts. And just about everything seems better made on the Fz6 compared to the FZR600. So I am not anticipating spending a lot of time at the parts counter. :BLAA:

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally made a decision.

I purchased a 2008 FZ6 Cobalt with 5004 miles.
I rode it home in 39 degree weather between snows. About 30 miles.
Liked the way the bike ran and felt.
Just hope it is dependable over the long haul.
The last Yamaha I owned was a V-Max and it was a very good bike.
Wanted something a little lighter weight this time.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice! It sounds like you got my bike's long lost twin brother... '08 Cobalt blue that is. I've had mine a month now and just did my third ride yesterday of 150 miles on some twisties. If you like yours half as much as I do, you'll have no regrets.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
I had both an FZ6 and a DL650. Both are similar and yet different. Both are good bikes but FZ6 is more sporty vs DL650 is more touring/long haul oriented. With 4 cylinders, FZ6 is great at top end torque. DL650 on the other hand has better low end torque with a two cylinder V, and is more comfortable on long rides, with bigger windshields, more upright seating, wider seat etc. With DL650 you also get a little better off road capability than FZ6.
But ultimately it will come down to you and may vary depending on your body frame. FZ6 sits a little lower than DL650. So try both and see what works.
You cant go wrong with any of the two.
Don't have any exp with GSX650f.