*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
Default 3 means rear shock spring pre-load setting #3. Its 1-7 And while I'm here I'm 5' 11" tall and weigh 183 lb. without my gear, over 200 lb. ATG. Rich,, Rock the Gear!:rockon: ATGATT :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Default 3 means rear shock spring pre-load setting #3. Its 1-7 And while I'm here I'm 5' 11" tall and weigh 183 lb. without my gear, over 200 lb. ATG. Rich,, Rock the Gear!:rockon: ATGATT :rockon:

Im an inch shorter, what do you have your rear shock set at?

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a little less than 5'8'', and this bike fits me perfect. I am 145lbs and set the rear to 4. When im riding two up long distance with my girlfriend, I set it to 5.

StooUk

Reaction score
Visit site
6'5" and about 220, dont know how it looks but it feels comfortable enough for day trips
use preload 6 as i often ride with the missus on the back, saying that the wife is only 4'11" kinda like having a tailbag :)
have a thick foam seat so hard ride not bad, maybe a benefit of being able to twin flat foot at stops

mindfogg

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'4" and bought the FZ6 for the kid. I ride my '03 FZ1 and when I do hop on the FZ6, the kid does mention something about monkeys and footballs too. Then I put the Yamaha full lower fairing on the bike and then the kid said that with the lower on the bike I don't look as big on it. But like everyone says, who cares what you look like. If it makes a difference, look into a lower fairing to put on the bike, maybe that will be the magic. The bars on my FZ1 are more comfortable, in my opinion, than the bars on the FZ6. The FZ6 has more of a downward bend than the FZ1. I guess maybe that might be more of a sport bike feel, who knows. I also had the dealer put on the GYT-R lower risers on when they fixed my FZ1 after a deer peeled the bike out from under me in '03, much more comfortable now.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
5'7"( or thereabouts) and 176 lbs set the preload to 4 could go to 5 with a pillion, no worries

D

Dave.TX

6'4", about 200-205 without gear. I never really thought about what I'd look like, I just wanted the FZ6 after a couple of years of research. I'm OK on it, no worries or complaints.

I do tell people I'm 5'16", that gets me some weird looks. After getting the Yamaha comfort seat it raised me up a bit and that's helped too with my legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topbox

Reaction score
Visit site
if you take a look at my garage pic, its of me with my bike i'm 6ft 3 11st 7lbs (not sure what it is in pounds :L)and i fit comfortably on it and find it really easy to rise and control (even slow manoeuvring), but i don't think that i look too big on it, in fact i seem to be a good size for the bike as i'm in a upright position being good for the back and it helps with straight handlebars.

hope this helps, anything else just ask :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be willing to bet that >50% of men who claim to be 6' 0" tall are actually closer to 5' 11" :thumbup:

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I am inches away from buying my first 2008 fz6 and need your help for the final push! I have sat on it a couple times but have not seen myself in the saddle. I am 6'3 and 200 lbs and worried that I am going to make the bike look small. If anyone who is as tall or taller could give me some advice, or even post a pic/video of them on the bike it would help me out so much! Thank you all in advance. Have had a great time getting to know you on the forum.

Does anyone know if the OP ever bought an FZ6? He hasn't posted here for a long time, though this thread lives on.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
5' 8", 175-ish. But I have short legs. 28.5" inseam. I can flatfoot at all preloaded adjustments when wearing boots, but not without my weight on the seat in many situations. I usually set the preload at 4, but I think I may go back to 6 because of bounciness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'3 and 200 lbs and worried that I am going to make the bike look small.

Pshhh, pleaaaazzzeee, I wish I was weighed that. I'm 6'5" and weigh 250, and ride with a 6 foot tall (Granted she's super skinny ) girl and I've never thought I was too big for it. You'll be fine.

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
I'm 6'2" 180lbs

IMG_2683.jpg