*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

mxhideout

Poser
Reaction score
motocrosshideout.com
5'6" with about 28" inseam. My weestrom is a little taller with a wider seat, so I'm glad I have off road experience since I can only get one set of toes on the ground.

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5' 8", 12 stone and I can get both feet down pretty comfortably at the lights, the weight never feels like a bother. Some other bikes I've tried just feel too heavy or two inches too high, as if I don't lean slightly to the left or sit fully forward on the seat they won't stay up. Not a problem on the Fazer.

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
6' 190 and a 34" inseam and I find the bike comfortable. My arms would get sore on longer rides until I got the fz1 bars. Much better now. My wife is 5'7" and she rides it too and gets along fine. She has a little trouble maneuvering it backing into the garage, but she manages. The only thing she complains about is how I have the foot controls oriented, since I point them down more due to my longer legs.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I am one of those shorter riders here. I'm 5`4" and arnd 70kg. I had to tip toe some times and boots do help me get a flat footing on the surface. There's once I almost fall sidewards but manage to pull it off with my leg and arm strength. It was a funny and awkward moment.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6 foot 200lb. My girlfriend thinks the bike looks a bit small for me but honestly I can flat foot comfortably which is what you want on a street bike. Honestly though I love my bike and I'll love it more once my Leo Vince pipes show up!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

wildfire213

Reaction score
Visit site
6'5" (198cms for the mainland euro crowd) and 238lbs (17st) and 35" inside leg.

Having ridden an sv650, daytona etc the fazer was the only sub 700cc bike i felt right on, ie not crippled after an hour and had the sporty styling i was after plus the touring ability for cheeky weekends away.

Everything else looked like a monkey bike when i was sat on it!

broody

Reaction score
Visit site

Having ridden an sv650, daytona etc the fazer was the only sub 700cc bike i felt right on, ie not crippled after an hour and had the sporty styling i was after plus the touring ability for cheeky weekends away.

The versys 650 is great for tall riders, but not do sporty.

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site

I can agree with this to the end of time. I sat on and rode around quite a few bikes in this range before I pulled the trigger. Most comfy ride for a 6'4" guy I could find.

Sat on my bud's R1 a few weeks ago. I don't think I could even make it around the corner on a SS. My knees are where the handlebars wanna ram the tank...

D

Deleted member 17211

Th FZ6 is the absolute best bike for tall riders. I talk to a lot of riders who think a liter sportbike is bigger just because the engine is bigger. They are not.

The actual frame height and bar reach length is far better for tall riders than any sportbike you'll find. I've yet to find as good a fit in something that still maintains sportbike proportions. Dual sports, large standards and nakeds like the Aprilia Shiver 750, sure, those "fit" tall riders better. But to me, nothing beats an FZ6 when combining sporty feel and riding comfort.

Also, a bike that fits right will always ride better than a bike that doesn't. I'll take the 600cc in the FZ6 any day over the 1K in a ZX10R any day simply for the riding comfort.

This is coming from someone that looked like he stole his little brother's bike when he road his first bike... a Ninja 500. =)

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I should never have sat on an FJR. Sooooo much more comfortable for me.

Different class of bike, however, and wouldn't work nearly as well for most of my riding.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I should never have sat on an FJR. Sooooo much more comfortable for me.

Different class of bike, however, and wouldn't work nearly as well for most of my riding.

They're so heavy. On the fz6 I can turn the front wheel while sitting on the bike, side- and center-stand up. The fjr is so heavy I had problems just turning the front wheel.

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
I am still fiddling with the bars, but at 6' 1" I have the feeling the FZ6 is just a bit small for me. Mainly the seat seems a bit too forward and low (like an inch). But I still love the bike. I rode an enduro and dirt bikes for years so obviously a road bike is set up different. Best thing to do is get out there and ride the bike at speed and in town with all the stop and go and see how it feels. As far as how I look on it? Probably the last thing on my mind. Just as long as I am seen and not hit by grandma going on her weekly shopping excursion.

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1" too and I switch between 2 modes of sitting. First is close to the Tank and upper body upright. Used while riding slow. When I go faster i slide back to the elevation where sozius starts. Grippads help! Upper body is hovering above the Tank (no pressure on the hands). Works for me. :thumbup: