*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

br'erdan

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my 1st bike, '09 FZ6, so what do I know? But, I am 6'3" and I agree with those who said "who cares what you look like?" Honestly I don't know what I look like, no one has told me or photographed me. I like the bike, it's plenty big in my opinion. However I am sure there will be those who think I look funny - happens when I get on a horse too! It's a GREAT bike! :welcome:

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
The curve created by the poll is interesting. There's a large anomaly in the number of people who are 5'11. I suspect this is due to rounding up :)

JKJ-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
If 6'2" is too tall for the FZ6 surely I'm too big for my Vino. I love to ride both of 'em and don't care what it looks like.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I am inches away from buying my first 2008 fz6 and need your help for the final push! I have sat on it a couple times but have not seen myself in the saddle. I am 6'3 and 200 lbs and worried that I am going to make the bike look small. If anyone who is as tall or taller could give me some advice, or even post a pic/video of them on the bike it would help me out so much! Thank you all in advance. Have had a great time getting to know you on the forum.

I had my Fz6 and have moved on to an Fz1 (after I wrecked my Fz6). I thought the ergonomics were good for leg room and such but the handlebars and riding positin left a little to be desired. You can start out on the Fz6 and move up later failry easily.

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
6'2.5" (voted 6'3" in the poll since I'm well over when wearing shoes or boots) and my first bike was a 1995 ninja EX250 (!!!!). Like others have said, doesn't matter what you look like as long as you are comfortable.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I am inches away from buying my first 2008 fz6 and need your help for the final push! I have sat on it a couple times but have not seen myself in the saddle. I am 6'3 and 200 lbs and worried that I am going to make the bike look small. If anyone who is as tall or taller could give me some advice, or even post a pic/video of them on the bike it would help me out so much! Thank you all in advance. Have had a great time getting to know you on the forum.
All that is adjustable to a certain extent;
Foot Peg Lowering Kit. Wild Hair Accessories. Motorcycle Accessories & Aftermarket European Parts.

I'm 6'1" and 170 Lbs. What is more important is I have a 34" inseam. I haven't taken off on an all day ride yet but just putt-putting around the block (no tags yet. The cops all know me so it's OK but there is no point in being rude). The proof is in the pudding.
If your legs cramp, the pegs are to high, If you knees hurt they are two low. Although that is just how it works for me. Your milage may vary.

Bars make a difference also. Streteching out or pulling your arms in makes a difference in your leg position. Try the bike. Again, proof is in the pudding.
Would you buy a 20$ pair of sneakers without trying them on? So why would anyone spend thousands on a motorcycle without trying it on? I never could figure that out, even after doing it myself.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1" and 170 Lbs. What is more important is I have a 34" inseam.

What this guy said, inseam is everything, I'm not the tallest being 5'9" or so. I'm only an inch and a bit taller than my dad but I've got about 2 inches on him from an inseam standpoint, you can really see how big of a deal it makes when we both sit on the same bikes and he struggles to tiptoe while I'm comfortable on it. I fit a BMW R1200GS better than him but his wallet works in his favor for that one.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'4, which is obviously quite short for a guy. My torso seems about average size from my shirt size etc, but my inside leg is about 29'.
I've ridden a DRZ at 890mm seat height no problem, its just about confidence starting and stopping and the gonads to let the bike 'fall' to the side before your foot starts to get anywhere near the floor.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'3" and 220. I have a 28" inseam. This bike fits me better than my Viffer but it is still too tall. I just got my parts in to lower it. Also ordered a custom corbin seat. I think it will be perfect then.
from my world.

mrbigjeep

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm 6'4 (165) and the bike fits me pretty well. i find it very comfortable other than the occasional (but pretty rare) cramp in the hamstring area...my legs are long but not in an uncomfortable position other than the aforementioned cramp...could just be me though.

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
5'11".....but I have a 34" inseam (I'm all legs) so never had a problem with high seat heights.

But because I've got such a short body I tend to get more problem with turbulence and buffeting on some bikes....the 650 Strom being the worst culprit in that area.

It was like riding along with somebody hitting your head with a wet towel.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
6'0 and 34" inseam. Seat height is something I'm blessed to not have to worry about too much. My only problem is, I wear size 12/13 shoes and because my legs are long with big feet, it's hard for me to use the shifter and brake sometimes.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I am nearly 6'5" and my inseam is 34"! My torso is crazy long. I don't like the way I look on the FZ6, but it was such a good deal and the bike had such great reviews that I couldn't pass it up. It also helps that out of all the 600cc bikes I sat on the FZ6 felt the best. Over the course of seven years I probably sat on close to 100 different bikes. January of 2013 I sat on a 2012 FZ8 and I knew what bike I was going to buy.

And now I am here :rockon:

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I am nearly 6'5" and my inseam is 34"! My torso is crazy long. I don't like the way I look on the FZ6, but it was such a good deal and the bike had such great reviews that I couldn't pass it up. It also helps that out of all the 600cc bikes I sat on the FZ6 felt the best. Over the course of seven years I probably sat on close to 100 different bikes. January of 2013 I sat on a 2012 FZ8 and I knew what bike I was going to buy.

And now I am here :rockon:

So you have an FZ8 or a FZ6? The FZ8 fits better? I'm 6'4 and also not a fan of how I sit on the 6. The FZ1 bars helped a little but the foot pegs and controls are just a bit further forward than I'd like.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
So you have an FZ8 or a FZ6? The FZ8 fits better? I'm 6'4 and also not a fan of how I sit on the 6. The FZ1 bars helped a little but the foot pegs and controls are just a bit further forward than I'd like.

Sorry, my comment was kinda confusing. Chronologically, I first sat on the FZ8 and asked the salesperson if they had anything smaller. He told me nothing in stock but they make an FZ6. For my first bike, even a 600cc scares the crap out of me. So, I went on my search for an FZ6 knowing that I couldn't afford an FZ8 and that I didnt want the extra cc's.

I have a 2006 FZ6. I think I will probably get an FJR1300 after a year or two of riding. I am happy with the purchase and happy with the bike. I just need May 3-5 to get here so I can take that MSF course!