*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

epim

Reaction score
Visit site
6'9 and 308lbs. Though i've weighed as much as 370 on this bike.
Taller seat, bars, rearsets, etc. But in the end I think it was worth it.

3122973196_7bcd725a40_z.jpg

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
When you are riding- all you can see is road!... dont look in the shop windows you are passing the car in front will brake while you are admiring yourself

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When you are riding- all you can see is road!... dont look in the shop windows you are passing the car in front will brake while you are admiring yourself

Great point! If your busy looking in mirrors to see how good you look, you deserve to go down in a screaming heap! When on a bike, and in control of a bike...nothing else should matter...at all! Everything that is an obstacle is a threat!

:eek:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site

If you must pull over and feed the parking meter and take a picture!!!:cheer:
them post so we all can see LOL:rockon:

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1" / 6'2" need to measure myself to confirm.
I feel really comfy on my Naked FZ6 S2 and i have been to Europe for the 2009 Assen GP. about 800 miles in 3 days and loved every minute of it, it's a really comfy bike.
I work in Guernsey, Channel Islands and rode it there for the Summer so i didn't miss the rides after work.
I'm plannig a trip to Le Mans for this years Moto GP and that will be 1000 miles return trip. :thumbup:

Ingram

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2"-6'3" and 190. If you want to feel huge, get a GSX-R 600. They feel like mini bikes to me. Apart from growing-up riding YZs, I chose the FZ6 because it seemed to be the best fit for a taller rider at the time (05 model). I think we'll look tall riding anything, so get what you like.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just shy of 6'2" and 200 lbs. I put on a Puig Touring windscreen and simply adjusted the handlebars to suit, but otherwise it's a great machine for me. The touring position puts less strain on your back and neck also.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6 foot 4 and I originally had the old style fazer. I swapped it for an SV1000 which I loved, except it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. 5 months later I swapped it for the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden a DL650 V-Strom, such a fun bike. But I missed the magic of the powerband from a 4 pot. Seeing as the FZ6 was always my dream bike but couldn't afford one when they first came out, I decided to go for it and bought an s2. Just like the old fazer it's not that far behind the V-Strom in terms of comfort. But much more sporty. The engine on the old fazer was better though, it just could not pass the new emission laws.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about 6'6" 200lbs. FZ6 has been my first and second bike. The only other bike I can see myself having would be a '06-'08 R1, but I think I'll always keep my FZ. Such a great all around bike!

hamwedges

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'3 and chose the fz6n specifically for it's neutral seating position and suitability for taller riders. Finding it very comfortable, however I am seriously considering a Yamaha flyscreen to cut down on highway wind.
Anyone got one spare by any chance?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am 6'3" and 285 lbs and with 1" risers and 1" lowered pegs as well as a Top Saddlery seat I can ride 15+ hour days. Definitely stand on the pegs like Lone (thanks for the mention).

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Josh1466

Reaction score
Visit site
6'2" with long legs and about 215 lbs, plenty comfy on the bike. Seems like it fits a wide range of shapes and sizes from this thread :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
For a sport bike the FZ6 sits tall. I'm 5'7" and wish it sat about 1" lower. I would love to convert to R6 forks and drop it a bit.