FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome work. Did you need a bear press or something like that to get the ball join in? A write up with a few more details would be awesome.

My method of installation.

Drilled out the existing ball joint and replace with another in the opposite direction.

McMaster-Carr

Metric Heavy Duty Ball Joint Linkages 6275K63

FZ6-offset-pegs6.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs5a.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs1.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs4.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs2.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs3.jpg

This method required no shimming and alignment was perfect.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome work. Did you need a bear press or something like that to get the ball join in? A write up with a few more details would be awesome.
I have decided to follow this install as well.It would be good to keep the con rod in the original location behind the frame but this maintains full adjustability.:thumbup:

I picked up the new ball joint this am :D and I found a second hand gear lever yesterday so modding here we come this w/end:steve:

JasonB

Reaction score
Visit site
Oso2k,

My plates arrived in the post this morning. They look great, can't wait to fit them, just have to find some time :)

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this, it's really appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site

6275kc1l.png

If you notice the stud is threaded and it just so happens its the exact same diameter as the hole that is left when you drill and knock out the old ball joint.

Just slip it through the existing hole, thread on the nut with some locktite and you're good to go.

I couldn't believe how well this worked out, it's near perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: agf

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
My method of installation.

Drilled out the existing ball joint and replace with another in the opposite direction.

This method required no shimming and alignment was perfect.

Rep for your engineering work, I ordered one too this should make it a smooth install.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rep for your engineering work, I ordered one too this should make it a smooth install.

I too bought this bearing and a s/hand lever to drill out. That was just too easy and I love that t means the lever maintains full adjustability.

I have added a 6mm threaded rod extender(basically a 30mm long 6mm nut to screw on to the end of the shifter rod so the clamp onto the gearbox shaft is in about the same position as original I am going to cover the whole conecting rod with two layers of Black electrical shrinkwrap so it doesn't stand out against the frame. I'll post a pic when its done and yes rep for the ingenuity of swapping that bearing on the foot lever.
word of advice to anyone going that way, make sure that it is a left hand threaded socket on the bearing.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well got it all installed with minimal drama you gotta like that!

so in this pic you can see the con rod with the shrink wrap and I think you can make out the extension nut shape
I like the wrap if I could have found the right yellow to match the paint I might have considered yellow but the black works for me

now the ride position: excellent it puts my butt at the back of the seat and the Crown Jewels aren't pressing on the tank so comfort is great
the feet higher gives a better cornering feel much tighter and in control
another + ve is that when I put both feet down I don't hit the pegs and I didn't expect that so another bonus
this is an excellent mod
I'm very happy the quality of parts is excellent I just wish my bolts suppliers had been as easy to deal with but thee ya go

View attachment 46678

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ordered the joint i wondered what the shipping was as they didnt post in the price which is strange :p thanks for the idea and part numbers also shrink wrap idea im going to have to steal

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
go for it

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6275kc1l.png

If you notice the stud is threaded and it just so happens its the exact same diameter as the hole that is left when you drill and knock out the old ball joint.

Just slip it through the existing hole, thread on the nut with some locktite and you're good to go.

I couldn't believe how well this worked out, it's near perfect.
I'm having issues getting hold of one of these in Ireland, Will this fit?
Throttle Linkage Ball Joint Clip Nut M6x1 0 LH Thread Zinc Plated 951 6LH | eBay

Thanks for the help,

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an excellent idea, is it possible to route it behind the frame as per standard mode.

Neil

PS thanks for your help regarding the pivot bolt.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Neil,
that poivot bolt that you posted looks like the shank is only 1 cm long, I think the one I got was about 1.5 cm that gave enough length to go througha spacer, the lever, a flat and spring washer and then the nut. TRhe one you posted looks like it is only i cm long so it might be tght but you might be ok with a Nilock nut.

I dont think there is room to put the rod in the original space, I was going to but after looking at how the rod connects to both the foot lever and the gear box shaft I think there would have been too much"wobble" in the rod and it would rattle. It would need an offset extension at the lever to allow the top part of the rod to pass through the slot in the frame as per OEM.
Running the rod on the outside of the frame works well I am pleased with the result.
Im gonna try to write up my install when I have a pc at home ( mine is on the fritz) so in a few days
cheers
ade

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Neil,
that poivot bolt that you posted looks like the shank is only 1 cm long, I think the one I got was about 1.5 cm that gave enough length to go througha spacer, the lever, a flat and spring washer and then the nut. TRhe one you posted looks like it is only i cm long so it might be tght but you might be ok with a Nilock nut.

I dont think there is room to put the rod in the original space, I was going to but after looking at how the rod connects to both the foot lever and the gear box shaft I think there would have been too much"wobble" in the rod and it would rattle. It would need an offset extension at the lever to allow the top part of the rod to pass through the slot in the frame as per OEM.
Running the rod on the outside of the frame works well I am pleased with the result.
Im gonna try to write up my install when I have a pc at home ( mine is on the fritz) so in a few days
cheers
ade
Cheers Mate,
I look forward to the write up, can't wait to get going on it.

Neil

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry. Sold out.

I was on the list, then after an unfortunate lowside, I didn't come back on the forums for a while and I see these are sold out!

Have you thought of, or could you arrange another batch please?

I'm dead keen and can deposit immediately!

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about the drop

hope your ok

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I was on the list, then after an unfortunate lowside, I didn't come back on the forums for a while and I see these are sold out!

Have you thought of, or could you arrange another batch please?

I'm dead keen and can deposit immediately!

Cheers,
Rick

Sorry to hear that. I have one set of silver V1's but you're probably looking for black, IIRC. I can try to get a run of 10 black going. sarawoot & u mean you're already 20% there. Get 8 more people and I'll start collecting money and put in the order.