FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also if you could get a preliminary review oof how you like riding with them that would be awesome, this looks like a much more cost effective way to get the raised up further back rearsets.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate, got an update for us mounting the plates? wavex is slacking.:justkidding:

oso2K, Haven't had a chance, I've been traveling this week for work. Maybe weekend after next?

Once I do I'll take photos and post up. I'm thinking a longer shift rod with a kink in it may just do the trick.

My bike is currently at Acculign having the top clamp measured up/planned out. Hopefully that project will be complete in 2 to 3 weeks.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Also if you could get a preliminary review oof how you like riding with them that would be awesome, this looks like a much more cost effective way to get the raised up further back rearsets.

I love the feeling of where they're at now. Other than the discomfort of my unique shifter peg setup, they really make shifting your weight on the bike a breeze. Before, my legs were extended so much, I felt like I was using my calves to shift my weight (tippy toeing). With the plates on, you really got your legs under your weight (very close to how the 03-05 R6/06-08 R6S is setup) so pushing up & sliding over is easier because you don't have to clear your weight over the seat. Your weight is already cleared, just lift a little and shift.

Here is a few of reactions from wavex about my riding my bike last weekend. All them are not necessarily about the plates but the ride in general.

wavex said:
Oh and amazing ride on that project bike of yours... it definitely felt like a different ride all together... and now, because of you I need:
- at least -1 on the front (if not the whole -1/+2)
- SS brake lines
- definitely need a flatter bar.... your clipons are sick in turns... the bike wanted to turn for me!
Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

wavex said:
It did not feel like an FZ6 anymore but that was a very fun ride... and it gave me a few ideas
Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - FZ6 pr0n

wavex said:
Oh no, it was awesome! Well, the first crazy thing was the ergos... setback plates + very low clipons = bike asking to be leaned in corners (we went around the big traffic circle behind my house a few times, and this things kept wanting to go lower and lower ).
Sportbikes.net - View Single Post - FZ6 pr0n

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
oso2K, Haven't had a chance, I've been traveling this week for work. Maybe weekend after next?

Once I do I'll take photos and post up. I'm thinking a longer shift rod with a kink in it may just do the trick.

My bike is currently at Acculign having the top clamp measured up/planned out. Hopefully that project will be complete in 2 to 3 weeks.

Here's what Poutanen@SBN is doing.
FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale - Page 4 - Sportbikes.net

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Updating. $60 shipped, silver or black, until I run out. Also, gonna be contacting wavex and Poutanen to try to make some progress on that shifter mod to go with them.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I havent read the previous threads but what is the issue with the shifter. if its simple i might be able to fab something up and ill grab a set.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I havent read the previous threads but what is the issue with the shifter. if its simple i might be able to fab something up and ill grab a set.

The issue with the shifter is that, in my case, the shifter rod went outside the frame while the shifter lever got cut, flipped, then rewelded to accomodate the outside the frame shifter rod. Poutanen @sportbikes.net (FZ6 forum) was working on an alternative but he never sent me the details.

-Louis

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I may be interested in a black set but am just curious as to what changes one has to make to the shifter -- that issue didn't seem to get resolved in this thread.

Pete, did you get yours on without any issue? Did you have to modify your shifter?

thanks.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I may be interested in a black set but am just curious as to what changes one has to make to the shifter -- that issue didn't seem to get resolved in this thread.

Pete, did you get yours on without any issue? Did you have to modify your shifter?

thanks.

According to someone I recently sold these plates to on sportsbikes.net, you can get away with removing the shifter peg from the bike, bending the shift rod joint in a vise, and then re-installing on the bike. The OEM shift rod is long enough, and you just need to flip the shifter.

Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to have to wait just a little bit longer on these. Someone smashed the rear window of my car last night. Lucky me...

I'll be in touch.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

thanks.

I was eyeballing mine yesterday while prepping the bike for the track but I ran out of time to find the required hardware. Also I didn't want to make a change without trying it out on the street first. Reflexes are good on the track. :thumbup:

I think as long as you flip the shiftshaft connector to the outside you can shift either way, I think.

Perhaps this next week I can finally get around to them.

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I was eyeballing mine yesterday while prepping the bike for the track but I ran out of time to find the required hardware. Also I didn't want to make a change without trying it out on the street first. Reflexes are good on the track. :thumbup:

I think as long as you flip the shiftshaft connector to the outside you can shift either way, I think.

Perhaps this next week I can finally get around to them.

hey pete let me know how that goes please!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested, but I am not good at fabricating, so I'll wait for the issue to be resolved (or even a detailed "how to". Hint hellgate, hint):scared:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be interested, but I am not good at fabricating, so I'll wait for the issue to be resolved (or even a detailed \"how to\". Hint hellgate, hint):scared:

At least according to the person on sportbikes.net that I spoke to recently, the bending I mentioned was simple. Other have confirmed that the changes are simple. If I hadn't had my work done for me, I would have detailed the changes myself.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, okay, okay :rolleyes: I am now walking, as I write (not really) to go install my set back plates. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll take a few photos to boot! :thumbup: