FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't heard anything. I was planning on calling Monday.

They're making them now. Due to the anodizer Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning and then due back to their shop Friday afternoon/Monday morning. Some time next week I should be shipping them out to you guys.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
They're making them now. Due to the anodizer Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning and then due back to their shop Friday afternoon/Monday morning. Some time next week I should be shipping them out to you guys.

Hey Louis. I hope you're doing good. On track to ship soon? :D

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Plates are done. I just need to schedule a time to pick them up. I'll see if I can pick them up tomorrow morning then have them in the mail by noon.

I'm alright. I haven't received a call yet. I double check tomorrow morning with the shop.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Louis. Did you get a chance to ship?

Sorry. Been extra busy lately.

I did ship all three sets out. With the holiday on Monday, expect the brackets as soon as Friday/Saturday. If you don't get them by end of next week, let me know. Usually, it only takes 3 days or so to go from SoCal to back East. I'd expect OR to be as fast or faster than going to VA. Most parts of CAN are just one extra day over the USA destinations.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry. Been extra busy lately.

I did ship all three sets out. With the holiday on Monday, expect the brackets as soon as Friday/Saturday. If you don't get them by end of next week, let me know. Usually, it only takes 3 days or so to go from SoCal to back East. I'd expect OR to be as fast or faster than going to VA. Most parts of CAN are just one extra day over the USA destinations.

Awesome. Thanks. :thumbup:

Not in the mail today for me though. I'm in an adjacent state. Practically next door! WTF? :D

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally installed feels just right my thighs line up with the tank more at peace with the bike especially when cornering thanks again great mod up their with k/n and bd43 and probably moto's accessory mod but I have not done his

egaib001

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are installed, I used the 3-washer method to bump the rear set out just enough for the shift rod to clear the frame. Also just signed up for a track day at Summit Point WV on Sunday, I'll put em to the test :)

egaib001

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got home from Summit Point WV and I have to say, what an improvement!!!! The new riding position feels so much more appropriate for the track. This is about my 10th track day on my fz6, and before today I had been feeling as though I reached a plateau on that bike. The pegs would always be scraping as I increased my lean angle, and it would ruin my confidence. I had never gotten my knee down on the track until today...

It took about 3 sessions before I really adapted to the riding position with the rear sets, but once I got the hang of it, I became MUCHHH more comfortable controlling the bike through all areas of the track. The "oneness" with the bike was increased substantially. By the 6th session, I had touched down one of my knees, and within a few laps I was dragging knee in almost every turn, and could repeat it consistently (almost crapped my pants in excitement at this point). This was my 5th day riding that track and I can say without a doubt that I never put down lap times close to what I did today. What an immense change! You cant see it through my visor, but I had a big **** eating grin for the entire last session :D

I had to buy the pics from the camera crew (SBimage, props!) so here are a few. The first couple were taken in the morning, the last few were from the final session. And one final one to show a nice closeup of those sexy black anodized plates ;D

Thanks Louis!!!!! :Sport:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome feedback. Yahoo started filtering fz6-forum to spam so I missed this originally. Great pics!

I just got home from Summit Point WV and I have to say, what an improvement!!!! The new riding position feels so much more appropriate for the track. This is about my 10th track day on my fz6, and before today I had been feeling as though I reached a plateau on that bike. The pegs would always be scraping as I increased my lean angle, and it would ruin my confidence. I had never gotten my knee down on the track until today...

It took about 3 sessions before I really adapted to the riding position with the rear sets, but once I got the hang of it, I became MUCHHH more comfortable controlling the bike through all areas of the track. The "oneness" with the bike was increased substantially. By the 6th session, I had touched down one of my knees, and within a few laps I was dragging knee in almost every turn, and could repeat it consistently (almost crapped my pants in excitement at this point). This was my 5th day riding that track and I can say without a doubt that I never put down lap times close to what I did today. What an immense change! You cant see it through my visor, but I had a big **** eating grin for the entire last session :D

I had to buy the pics from the camera crew (SBimage, props!) so here are a few. The first couple were taken in the morning, the last few were from the final session. And one final one to show a nice closeup of those sexy black anodized plates ;D

Thanks Louis!!!!! :Sport:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got the plates installed!

Installation
Easy enough. Got the bolts and bits from Ace Hardware. Fiddly for the shifter side as expected. It took me 2 attempts to get the bends in the rod right.

First ride impressions
I love them! My long legs are more stretched out with knees no longer contacting the frame.

Shifting feels solid and I'm well pleased with that. I'm working the shifter less with the toe- contact is further up my foot. The action is more natural and effortless.

Cornering- bike feels more balanced and leans over more comfortably.

I'm well pleased. Thanks Louis! :rockon: