FZ6 quarter mile times and timeslips

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea no problem. Temperature definitely makes a big diff. Im about 200ft above sea level and Id say temps was about 80 f. I usually bring my revs up before Im done stagging at about 5.5-6k with my weight all up front. When the third yellow is solid I let the clutch out slowly and from there I tuck in and try to shift at about 12-12.5. Also make sure you choose either the left or right side of your lane as the middle can be rather slippery. I also like to bring my tire pressure down to about 28psi in front and 30 psi in the back. With practice u should be able to bring it flat 12 or high 11's in no time :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks. Yeah, the temp and elevation must be the big factor. I just figured out our track is at about 1400ft. Traction hasn't been a factor.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sure but why would I bother Im just posting the results of the fz6

It's interesting to see the side by side comparison on how you and the FZ does against other bikes. Or are you just embarassed that you just got crushed? LOL....actually, your times for the FZ is very impressive.

You're in Montreal? Shouldn't your figures be in metric?

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
It's interesting to see the side by side comparison on how you and the FZ does against other bikes. Or are you just embarassed that you just got crushed? LOL....actually, your times for the FZ is very impressive.

You're in Montreal? Shouldn't your figures be in metric?

I suppose but like I said the guy going up agaisnt me was a newbie and most certainly does not do justice to the R1 (he ran an 11.5 @ 121mph). Yea were all metric now, but the racetrack's been around for about 30 years id say and is run by old school musclecar dudes...so I dont think its bout to change ;)

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
Back at it again today...since last track day ive put on a bridgestone bt023 on the rear, k&n filter, racetech shocks and put the bike on a dyno for some tuning. Today was warm and pretty humid which means my times should be somewhat off. Heres my best run;

60ft-1.902
330ft-4.957
1/8th m-7.494 @ 95.83mph
1000ft-9.726
1/4 et-11.65 @ 116.08mph

Must say I was a bit dissapointed not to break 11.50's but looking at the difference in top speed Id say its mostly cause of the humidity.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you affraid of doing a wheelie... be glad you most likely can't do this in your car... or not :D

0-200 km/h => 6 seconds
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_wTtHNBqw&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Grip Extrem Platz 4 - Speedster Turbo von Klasen-Motors (gekürzte Version)‬‏[/ame]
Sorry it's in German!...

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
ive gone the the dragstrip and ran every car ive every owned and i love it, havent had the chance to run the 6 yet cause they closed my local track and now ill have to go to alabama or down to south ga but why do you say clutching is a no no

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Not to be too off subject but ChevyFazer, what track closed? I go to either Atl Dragway (Commerce) or Silver Dollar (Reynolds) when I run my GTP.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be too off subject but ChevyFazer, what track closed? I go to either Atl Dragway (Commerce) or Silver Dollar (Reynolds) when I run my GTP.

dallas dragway, it was only a 1/8 but still lots of fun i practically grew up there and it actually closed a couple years ago someone bought the place planning on building a strip mall but the epa said they would have to take 6" of topsoil off the entire property because of all the gas and oil that has been spilt over the years so it is still sitting vacant, they wont let them open it back up because of noise being so close to neighborhoods and its too expensive to build on so its a shame

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a strip by me that I need to look into and see what the rules are and how much it costs.. Time to pay them a visit

most strips cost between 10 to 15 for test and tune nights or days and as far as rules go its mainly commen sense stuff

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
ive gone the the dragstrip and ran every car ive every owned and i love it, havent had the chance to run the 6 yet cause they closed my local track and now ill have to go to alabama or down to south ga but why do you say clutching is a no no

With a bike really the only time youll want to use the clutch is off the line (releasing very smoothly). Afterwards you should power shift without your clutch through all the gears. Its not only much smoother but also faster.