Me&My FZ6 hit the drag strip for the first time

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Me&My FZ6 hit the drag strip for the first time. NEW VIDEO ADDED

So for the first time i took the bike to the drag strip,Milan Dragway..
i did 5 runs only , every run i improved a little bit except the last one,,,at the last one the front came up unfortunately..

my reaction times were satisfying for a first timer but interestingly enough when i had my worst reaction time ,i did the best 1/4 mile time...

i will definitely go back on a test&tune day and will try to get better...so here are the details of my 5 runs and a video of my personal best so far :D

The bike has k&n filter ,pc3 usb running the stock map, -1 front sprocket
I'll definitely go back after the dynotune and custom map...

1st run : (against CBR 600RR) (i won against his 12.5771/111.99mph run)
r/t .2030
1/8 7.8100
1/4 12.1409 (110.32mph)

2nd run : (against CBR 600RR) (i won against his 13.0340/116.89mph run)
r/t .1709
1/8 7.7242
1/4 12.0160 (112.78mph)

3rd run : (against a buell) ( i won against his 15.0283/94.46mph run)
r/t .5050
1/8 7.7441
1/4 12.0431 (112.17mph)

4th run : (against a custom made chopper) (he fouled big time-see video)
r/t .5759
1/8 7.5901
1/4 11.8641 (112.75mph)

5th run : (against a 07 gsxr 600) (i lost against his 11.5310/123.99mph run)
r/t .1711
1/8 8.1839
1/4 12.4798 (112.48mph)

And here is the video of my 4th run,,,with the worst response time but a very good launch and the best quarter mile timing of my first drag experience :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jJ56EIB1TI"]YouTube - 07 FZ6 at Milan Dragway[/ame]

the video below is my third run with the second worst reaction time,,the launch rpm is around 7k and as you will see the finish line is at the 13k of the 4th gear with 201km/h showing at the speedometer but it actually is 180km/h(112mph) according to the ticket...you'll also see the buell's big screw up after burning out half of his tires :)..sorry for the shaky cam,on board one is good though

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZnT4u0cuyk"]YouTube - 07 FZ6 at Milan Dragway ( On Board )[/ame]

Last edited:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow thats really sweet.

Did you mention how much it costed?

this was an event called street warriorz,,,there was a flat fee of $15 to get in,to watch or to race its up to you,,ive been watching for the last 2 years,this time i decided to participate,,,probably i could have raced up to 10 runs that day but hot girls and a bikini contest distracted me a little bit :D (wife recorded the video ;) )

every wednesday night there is a test&tune day at the same strip ,,it is $25 to get in...im sure you can do more than 10 runs between 4pm and 9 pm

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Woohooo! I got goosebumps watching that!:thumbup: I am sooooo jealous too! Very cool to see ya run the strip.

You think the -1 up front helped your final times? Just curious cause it's something I have been thinking about doing!

Again, way to go against the CBR!:rockon: Was looking at getting that bike but it seems I made the right choice!:D

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Woohooo! I got goosebumps watching that!:thumbup: I am sooooo jealous too! Very cool to see ya run the strip.

You think the -1 up front helped your final times? Just curious cause it's something I have been thinking about doing!

Again, way to go against the CBR!:rockon: Was looking at getting that bike but it seems I made the right choice!:D

i think it helps having the -1 at front,,,probably could have been better if i had -1/+2 but i do highway riding too and even only -1 changed the rpm a lot for me...

well the CBR 600 RR is a great bike,,way faster than FZ6,,they screwed up the launch,and im not forgiving :D they should be doing around 10.5 to 11

at the last run the gsxr600 take the revenge for them,,,i had the better reaction time but the front end came up,had to let go a little bit,and then continued but gsxr was already at the end of the 1st gear,and kept going..

overall it was fun and everyone should try it..

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man those are some GREAT times! 11.8 is wicked quick! :thumbup:

What rpm were you launching at? 7,500 or so?

So much with drag racing isn't the bike but the rider. Many times a "slower" bike will beat a "faster" bike because the rider does everything right. I bet the -1 really helps with the launch, I'd have to guess that the "faster" 600s had stock gearing which tends to be taller in 1st gear for a road course.

Very nice!!!!

I think you may have a new career in sight! ;)

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome vid and awesome time/speed for the 1/4 on run 4 !!
You'll get that Gixxer next time.... :thumbup:
Where is Milan Dragway, btw? I was raised in Chatham, Ontario. :)

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
What rpm were you launching at? 7,500 or so?

i think that was pretty much it,,i have another video on board for my 3rd run,,i will post that tonight,not the best one but thats the only one i recorded with an on board camera

Where is Milan Dragway, btw? I was raised in Chatham, Ontario. :)

Milan Dragway is in detroit,,actually in milan which is approx. 1 hour from windsor,on...nice place..

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are some pretty good numbers. The R/T does not effect the overall ET anymore. Did you have a chance to look at the RPM's as you went through the traps? What gear did you go through in?

S

sportrider

awesome job!!! 11.8's are impressive!!!!!! I'm thinking third gear near redline at the other end???