FZ6 immobilizer

gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question... are all fz6 equipped with the immobilizer? i'm about to buy my 3rd fazer and i'ts an 07 model S2. Noticed that it has no immobilizer. My former fz6 has it an 04 and an 08.. Can you please shed light on it.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I understood it Europe, Australia and south Africa have immobilizers, but the USA doesn't. Apart from that I'm not sure who has and hasn't got them. Good luck, and don't forget to post a pic if you buy it.

The big advantage of an immobilizer for me was lower insurance cost than a comparable bike without one.

gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Cloggy, thanks for the reply.. the owner said it is a california model.. Just want to make sure cause my 2 former fz's has that immobilizer on them.. So, there are really fazers that aren't fitted with the immobilizer.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cloggy, thanks for the reply.. the owner said it is a california model.. Just want to make sure cause my 2 former fz's has that immobilizer on them.. So, there are really fazers that aren't fitted with the immobilizer.

^^ Yep, all us USA folks can vouch for that. If the bike really came from CA, it should show on its VIN #.

If it was brought into CA, but is not a CA bike, you should be able to tell that too. Hint CA bikes have a charcoal canister which ** I believe ** connects to the fuel tank vent line and then to the airbox to burn off any fumes. So look and see should show parts your other bikes do not have.

gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
^^ Yep, all us USA folks can vouch for that. If the bike really came from CA, it should show on its VIN #.

If it was brought into CA, but is not a CA bike, you should be able to tell that too. Hint CA bikes have a charcoal canister which ** I believe ** connects to the fuel tank vent line and then to the airbox to burn off any fumes. So look and see should show parts your other bikes do not have.

Thanks for the confirmation.. can you tell me something on the CA model VIN?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not specifically but I think it will read different than most with CA cerified legal?? BIDK! I don't have that model.

Our forum has VIN guide, sadly "VIN" being 3 letters makes it harder to find.

Note to SELF we should start a trend for 2 and 3 letter words... Simply repeat the letters with no space and WALLA problem solved! R6R6, VINVIN, FZ6FZ6... Search engine finds that! :thumbup:

Useless.... https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/yamaha-parts/model-prefix.aspx << paint code info....

maybe helpful? --> Yamaha VIN Decoder - VIN Number Lookup For Free

gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Just really got curious with that california version.. hehe... important thing is the immobilizer issue is cleared.
Thanks a lot.. hope i can get the bike within today.