FZ6 Cup

VA FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So while at work today I was putting random search strings together and found this link GYTR YAMAHA FZ6 Cup - Home[/COLOR] It is an FZ6 only racing season in Australia that started in 2007. Apparently it was such a hit that they are doing it again for 2008. Very cool because there are very minimal changes that can be made to the bike and keeps the field pretty even it looks like. Thought everyone might enjoy this. Maybe we could get something like this in the states.

VAFZ6 you must have been reading my mind! I googled the same today and there is very little about the track/race- spec for the bikes or any team mods.
very few pic too. it does show the racing seat- ouch- i better have some kids before I start a cup career:D

All of the mods (from my understanding) are pretty much the same for all riders. No CF, no engine mods, they can switch out the exhaust but they have to have the OEM headers! it sounds like it would be fairly inexpensive to compete and would be a ton of fun. I'm with you on the seat...ouch.

Its not a bad series at all.. I went to the Aus SBK round at Eastern Creek & the FZ6 Cup put on a pretty good show.
The series has attracted quite a few riders from different classes as well as some riders rolloing onto the grid for the 1st time.

At the Eastern Creek round the Rick Olsen set a new lap record on an FZ6 1:39.983. That is quick. Considering Jaimie Stauffer's outright lap record of 1:31.057 is on an 2008 factory spec R1.

I will try to find some pics:thumbup:.

Its not a bad series at all.. I went to the Aus SBK round at Eastern Creek & the FZ6 Cup put on a pretty good show.
The series has attracted quite a few riders from different classes as well as some riders rolloing onto the grid for the 1st time.

At the Eastern Creek round the Rick Olsen set a new lap record on an FZ6 1:39.983. That is quick. Considering Jaimie Stauffer's outright lap record of 1:31.057 is on an 2008 factory spec R1.

I will try to find some pics:thumbup:.

Dunno,

Im sure everyone would love to see some videos too if you or anyone you know has any from the races. Must be nice to be able to see the very same bike you ride out on the track ripping it up.

This part blew me away...."heavily subsidized"...no kidding! :-

Customers wishing to compete in the FZ6 Cup can purchase a fully kitted FZ6N race bike for the heavily subsidised price of $11,999 inc GST. For this you get a 2008 model FZ6N - with all road going equipment supplied - but fitted out for the racetrack with the following items (same as 2007 race bikes unless ‘NEW’ stated):

Removal of road going equipment (supplied to customer)

* Fitment of a custom made fairing (similar to early FZ1) and custom single seat made by Racers Edge.
* GYTR alloy body race muffler and lead-in pipe.
* GYTR braided steel front brake hose set
* NEW GYTR crash knob set
* NEW Carbon Kevlar case protectors and Zap Racing chainguard
* Öhlins racing rear shock absorber with NEW ride height adjustment
* Öhlins steering damper
* Öhlins front fork springs with NEW modified internals to improve damping
* ValterMoto rear sets
* ValterMoto clip ons

The standard model FZ6N retails for $10,499 inc GST and the FZ6 Cup components above cost in excess of $6000 RRP with labour. Model colour options are Black, Silver or White. The customer will be required to purchase Dunlop control tyres as per details below.

Ooh, yeah, I like that! Looks like a fun little machine. I've often wondered what I'd like if I ever got to have a track bike, I think I've just found it.

Don't suppose there's any chance of gettign one shipped to the UK, not that I can afford one anyway?

Dunno,

Im sure everyone would love to see some videos too if you or anyone you know has any from the races. Must be nice to be able to see the very same bike you ride out on the track ripping it up.

Sorry, ive been tryin to hunt down some footage of the FZ6 Cup racing in action but have had no luck yet.
I will keep lookin.

My FZ6 is soley for the road cos I have a VFR400 race bike that I use for the track. Ha! you should of heard my wife when I suggested we get the FZ ready for the track & do the rest of the series............................. She hit the roof :D

This part blew me away...."heavily subsidized"...no kidding! :-

Customers wishing to compete in the FZ6 Cup can purchase a fully kitted FZ6N race bike for the heavily subsidised price of $11,999 inc GST. For this you get a 2008 model FZ6N - with all road going equipment supplied - but fitted out for the racetrack with the following items (same as 2007 race bikes unless ‘NEW’ stated):

Removal of road going equipment (supplied to customer)

* Fitment of a custom made fairing (similar to early FZ1) and custom single seat made by Racers Edge.
* GYTR alloy body race muffler and lead-in pipe.
* GYTR braided steel front brake hose set
* NEW GYTR crash knob set
* NEW Carbon Kevlar case protectors and Zap Racing chainguard
* Öhlins racing rear shock absorber with NEW ride height adjustment
* Öhlins steering damper
* Öhlins front fork springs with NEW modified internals to improve damping
* ValterMoto rear sets
* ValterMoto clip ons

The standard model FZ6N retails for $10,499 inc GST and the FZ6 Cup components above cost in excess of $6000 RRP with labour. Model colour options are Black, Silver or White. The customer will be required to purchase Dunlop control tyres as per details below.

It is an amazing deal isn't it? Not only is it a showcase for Yamaha but for the part suppliers too. That is a bargain!

Aprillia used to do 250 2-stoke cup in the US in the early mid '90's. Aprillia was just coming to the US and it was a great way to get their name out. The 250's looked like GP bikes made about 70hp and weighed about 300lbs at the most, probably much less. Everyone rode pretty much the same configuration and it was great racing, very close. No restrictor plates either!

Sorry, ive been tryin to hunt down some footage of the FZ6 Cup racing in action but have had no luck yet.
I will keep lookin.

My FZ6 is soley for the road cos I have a VFR400 race bike that I use for the track. Ha! you should of heard my wife when I suggested we get the FZ ready for the track & do the rest of the series............................. She hit the roof :D

Unfortunately I've only found a crash :( but both guys seem to get up OK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjB3G5jCUvc"]YouTube - FZ6 Cup Motorcycle Racing Crash[/ame]

Back