FZ6 -2005 Tire Size

PatrickS

Reaction score
Visit site
Morning,

So i was on my way to get my '05 some new tires and the salesmen asks me about what size are my tires.
Well i have a stock bike, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out to where i can find this information.

-P

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be an ass :spank:, but you can get your manual out or read the side wall of your FZ6 just as easily as I can.... are you at work or away from your bike?

Front
120/70 ZR17M/C (58w)

Rear
180/55 ZR17M/C (73w)

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
Just fyi - as a side note - I ran into to another guy with an FZ6 recently and we were comparing differences between our bikes. His was a 2005, mine 2006 - both with oem tires. His bike was equipped with dunlops and I believe (memory thing here) mine has bridgestones.

The rear tires were the same size as indicated by the numbers on the sidewall, but that is where where it stopped. The shape of the two tires were not even comparable. His tires were WAAAAY narrower and had a totally different shape to them. He said he was not impressed with wet grip, while I am with mine.

So, if you are looking for new tires it might be in your best interest to shop a bit and know what is out there.... I know I will when the time comes.:thumbup:

PatrickS

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be an ass :spank:, but you can get your manual out or read the side wall of your FZ6 just as easily as I can.... are you at work or away from your bike?

Front
120/70 ZR17M/C (58w)

Rear
180/55 ZR17M/C (73w)

The reason i posted it was bcause i am at work and unfortunatly i didnt have the manual with me.

Thanks for your answer tho :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The reason i posted it was bcause i am at work and unfortunatly i didnt have the manual with me.

Thanks for your answer tho :)

Hmmm...you obviously have access to the Internet, so in about the same amount of time it took you to make a new post, you could have just Googled your answer....:rolleyes: :thumbup:

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just fyi - as a side note - I ran into to another guy with an FZ6 recently and we were comparing differences between our bikes. His was a 2005, mine 2006 - both with oem tires. His bike was equipped with dunlops and I believe (memory thing here) mine has bridgestones.

The rear tires were the same size as indicated by the numbers on the sidewall, but that is where where it stopped. The shape of the two tires were not even comparable. His tires were WAAAAY narrower and had a totally different shape to them. He said he was not impressed with wet grip, while I am with mine.

So, if you are looking for new tires it might be in your best interest to shop a bit and know what is out there.... I know I will when the time comes.:thumbup:

I ran into this as well on our covered bridge ride easrlier this summer, and it is true, all companies are standardized on a measurment labeling system but it seems that they are altered by tire shape as far as the width and contact patch

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed the rear tire from DUNLOPS 180/55/17 to a METZ 190/55/17, and i feel a difference as far as handling and cornering. Smoother ride and about 1" wider.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2004 came with Dunlops, the same sizes as mentioned above. Handling and grip were fine but when they were due for replacement I changed to Bridgestone BT-010 and they are great. Had them ever since.

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
Nakeds were supplied wih Dunlop and Fazers were fitted with Bridgestones.
The Dunlops under perform compared with the Bridgestones acording to the press.
I've got 021s on mine and they're very good, better than the 020s.
Sizes are on the sidewalls, rear eg 180/55/17; 180 Is the CSA in mm. 55 is the sidewall in inches and 17 is the rim in inches.
Hope this helps

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed the rear tire from DUNLOPS 180/55/17 to a METZ 190/55/17, and i feel a difference as far as handling and cornering. Smoother ride and about 1\" wider.

I am running at 190 Metzler M3 as well. We put it on to see how it looked and how it performed. My next set will be a 180 to comare it against. Previous owner had something smaller than a 180 on there and it was horrid.

You will find that the center will wear a bit quicker, but other that than that they seem to work great.

-bryan

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
I am running at 190 Metzler M3 as well. We put it on to see how it looked and how it performed. My next set will be a 180 to comare it against. Previous owner had something smaller than a 180 on there and it was horrid.

You will find that the center will wear a bit quicker, but other that than that they seem to work great.

-bryan

A 190 will turn slower and probably be miss shaped on the rim.