FZ1 Popularity

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a chance to ride an fz1 for a day. Other than being faster than the 600, the fz1 is less comfortable. I would have to do something about the seat. Other than that pretty much the same bike but with a bigger engine.

Now if you get a chance to run through the gears on an R1, dont pass it up. The R1 will eat up the fz1 with no problems. When i rode the fz1, i ran it against my friend with an 08' R6.....i never left him. He stayed right on me the whole time. Even in the straights the FZ1 didnt have enough to just leave the R6 behind. Now the R1 would run away from the R6.

Sorry about the my nonsense post......i tend to ramble.:thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Pros:
  • FZ1 looks great and better than the FZ6 except for that ugly canister which can be replaced with a smaller GYTR or Micron slipon.
  • Has some beautiful proportions and aggresive stance. It looks a true muscle bike compared to others. I would love if the FZ6 looked like the FZ1.
  • Much better 2 up tourer than the FZ6 with the right seat
Cons:
  1. But Gen 2 06 FZ1 have much worse FI issues than the 04-06 FZ6 (actually I didn't find any with my FZ6). You need a PCIII, Ivan's Jet kit and velocity stacks to tap into the real capability of the FZ1. 07 FZ1 I heard the fixed the issues but not completely.
  2. Plus there were a lot of cracked frame issues
  3. Insurance sucks balls but try State Farm - they are the cheapest usually.
  4. Ugly exhaust canister
  5. Could use an upgrade in the half fairing which was carried over from the Gen 1