FZ 6 as long distance tourer. Buzz in the bars

edmond landry

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new member and I already feel that I'll have access to all the info I could possibly need to make riding the FZ 6 that much more enjoyable. I have 2 questions today: What is the best way to eliminate the buzz in the bars, assuming there is one? And I would like to hear from long distance FZ 6 riders, if there are any, like how long are your trips, any problems with the bike or equipment etc. Looking forward to reading your suggestions or trip stories.

W

wrightme43

I have not experinced a problem from buzzy bars. I have a 07 though so I dont know about the prior model. It hasnt really been a topic of major discussion on here. I use cramp busters on both grips, and I conciously force myself to be super light on the bars. Its something I fight with in the tight sections a natural survival reaction is to tense up and grab on hard. It has the wrong effect though. So I keep reminding myself, loose and easy.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your bike and where are the pictures???

Q1 --

Good gloves

Loose grip on the bars

Stay away from 5,500 RPM

Grip puppies or whatever they are called

Bar snake thingy...

The throttlemeisters have been reported to dull some vibs since they are so heavy

Q2 --

Yes, there are many long distance FZ6 riders who have criss-crossed North America and the rest of the world. Get a good seat setup, a tire repair kit, and a digital camera and you'll be good to go......more or less.

Major problems with the bike (depending on year) include the stearing head, the TPS, the front sprocket lock nut, and speeding tickets.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
The only buzz I get is very slight at about 5,000 rpms.

I just last week got back from 723 miles in 2 days ....no comfort issues...

have not had the issue of speeding tickets yet....(just lucky)

ride safe & have fun

trip report here mikebike

hit the link--- scroll down about 2 posts --ya cant miss it