Fs: 2009 fz6 fz-6

ABHulgan

Reaction score
Visit site
Long-time lurker here, owned two FZ's, ready to move on to something else.

First I’d like to say this: a lot of naked/streetfighter bikes are faired bikes that have been dropped/crashed /wrecked, whose owners are too cheap to repair/replace the broken parts. This is NOT one of those bikes. The PO, an inmate here, liked naked bikes so he built this one. I like naked bikes myself, so I bought it from him when he upgraded to a liter bike.
In my opinion, the FZ-6 is under-rated, under-appreciated, and overlooked. The engine is smooth, quiet, and tractable at low RPMs, but turns into an animal at high revs. It has great fit and finish typical of Yamaha, with an upright comfortable seating position. The large tank returns 200+ mile range. The later models, in addition to having black frame, black engine, black wheels, had upgraded front brakes and a nicer swingarm. The PO did an excellent job on the naked conversion; he didn’t take any shortcuts. The engine/drivetrain are box-stock on this bike. Anyway, on to the goods.
PO’s mods:
-Naked conversion
-Givi luggage racks (not installed in the pics, but four bolts puts them on)
-Braided front brake lines
-National Cycle F-16 flyscreen

My mods:
-Complete suspension upgrade by GMD Computrack Atlanta (set up for 195lbs rider) 1500 miles ago
-Cibie 7” headlight
-MondoMotos LED bullet lights
-Sargent seat
-Knight Designs 1” lower footpegs
-1” bar backs
-Givi E21 cases (all black)
-Ebay adjustable levers
-Clutch arm mod (larger friction zone)
-Pirelli Angel GT tires 1000 miles ago
-Powerlet
-Front FendaExtenda

The bad: on the bottom of the left engine case there has been a small repair, which I just noticed at the last oil change. Looks like JBWeld or QuickSteel, but it’s the same color as the case. I don’t know the story, but I doubt it’s a wreck, as there is NO rash on the shifter, tank, frame, or bar end. Also, the blue plastic coating on one of the front brake hoses is cracked-nothing structural, just the outer sheathing. Other than that, this bike is in excellent shape, about as close to perfect as you’ll find.

I’m located in Chattanooga, right next to the curviest, sexiest roads in the eastern US. Fly to Nashville or Atlanta and catch the shuttle to Chatty, and we can ride the area before you take it home. It’s an excellent motorcycle and you won’t be disappointed, I promise.

As of today, the FZ-6 has 10,692 miles on it. I plan to ride it some until I get a commitment from a buyer. I have both keys, the manual, and keys for the Givi cases. I have a clear TN title, waiting for your Benjamins. Let’s start the price at $4500.00

Best way to contact me is via email: [email protected]

IMG_9262_zpsa1ad0f08.jpg

IMG_9263_zps4183381b.jpg