Full Fairing Kit for FZ-6 '05?

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my FZ-6 the other weekend, and i've been looking around for a full fairing kit on the net, since it's going to be my primary means of transportation to and from school it just has to look as cool as possible :thumbup:. Haven't found any yet, but I got plans to hit up some of the local Yamaha dealers to see if they have anything.

Anyone of you have a full fairing kit? pictures? tips/hints/recommendations? :) :D

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my FZ-6 the other weekend, and i've been looking around for a full fairing kit on the net, since it's going to be my primary means of transportation to and from school it just has to look as cool as possible :thumbup:. Haven't found any yet, but I got plans to hit up some of the local Yamaha dealers to see if they have anything.

Anyone of you have a full fairing kit? pictures? tips/hints/recommendations? :) :D

If your worried about look cool and having full fairings why didnt you get a R6??

sorry no offense or anything

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
If your worried about look cool and having full fairings why didnt you get a R6??

None taken :)

I didn't get an R6 first of all because 16 year olds like myself + an R6 tends not to be a good combination, and since I have basically no riding experience I think an R6 would be way too much power for me as of now :p ... Aswell I've heard from people that the FZ-6 is a good starter bike so that's what I ended up getting :)

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't kid yourself. The FZ6 has more than enough power and handling to get yourself in far too deep. Take your time, get some training (or at least some good riding buddies and listen to them), and gear up. The cowling on mine is from Yamaha of Germany.

Be safe out there.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't kid yourself. The FZ6 has more than enough power and handling to get yourself in far too deep. Take your time, get some training (or at least some good riding buddies and listen to them), and gear up.

Be safe out there.

+1 to that

Also, have your taken your MSF course yet? That will help a lot :thumbup:

BTW Nice Set Up ANLR21 :thumbup:

Last edited:

buzzard breath

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's good advice. I expect it would take a very seasoned, if not professional, rider to appreciate the difference between the 2 bikes. I'm not one and don't think I'll ever really find the limits of my '05. It's sobering to sit on so much power with these bikes and maintain restraint.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Amen to that man... MSF course will definitely help you out a LOT!!! I just got my bike late this summer, and I'm riding better than a friend whose had his a couple years, and didn't take the course... It definitely gives you a better sense of things on two wheels.
As for buzzard... I hear ya... I try to keep it under 5k otherwise I wanna get squirrely.

Reaction score
Visit site
Amen to that man... MSF course will definitely help you out a LOT!!! I just got my bike late this summer, and I'm riding better than a friend whose had his a couple years, and didn't take the course... It definitely gives you a better sense of things on two wheels.
As for buzzard... I hear ya... I try to keep it under 5k otherwise I wanna get squirrely.

can I ask a somewhat off topic question?
When you guys say you keep it under 5k, I'm new and am starting to appreciate the bike too. But I've gotten it up to 80mph (tops) at about 6-6500..(in 6th)..and while it's fast for me, my buddy on his Bergmann 400 scooter hits 80 mph, so I consider it pretty amateur....so am I envisioning what you guys are talking about? I don't mean to sound like an a$$, I'm just really excited about the day when I get confident enough to top 7k......& I just wonder if we are talking the same speed here (if that makes any sense?)

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can I ask a somewhat off topic question?
When you guys say you keep it under 5k, I'm new and am starting to appreciate the bike too. But I've gotten it up to 80mph (tops) at about 6-6500..(in 6th)..and while it's fast for me, my buddy on his Bergmann 400 scooter hits 80 mph, so I consider it pretty amateur....so am I envisioning what you guys are talking about? I don't mean to sound like an a$$, I'm just really excited about the day when I get confident enough to top 7k......& I just wonder if we are talking the same speed here (if that makes any sense?)

Well it really depends if you are easy on the throttle 7k is not all that fast and very obtainable, just build up to it through the gears. But if you are kinda like me, I love feeling the horses thunder under me. I get on it every now and again and stay around 6k-8k or more all through the gears, but this also means you are going a lot faster A LOT quicker. Before you new ones( no offence) try doing this try taking some classes, and ride for a while make sure you are very comfortable with your riding capabilbity and you respect the power you are sitting on. Despite what you have heard the FZ is NO joke. It can go from 0 to can I please have my license back in nothing flat. Be safe out the and enjoy the Fizzer

-Ryan-

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

well if you didn't want fairings or to look cool then why didn;t you get a Ducati Monster? The simple answer to that is that they are completely different bikes.

the FZ and the R6 share only the engine block and nothing else...

good luck with your search and IMO the FZ looks much better with full fairings than the R6...

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey also there is a sticky in the Streetfighter section that Wavex posted it has a lot of links. There is a plastics and fairing section in it that you should look into.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
well if you didn't want fairings or to look cool then why didn;t you get a Ducati Monster? The simple answer to that is that they are completely different bikes.

the FZ and the R6 share only the engine block and nothing else...

good luck with your search and IMO the FZ looks much better with full fairings than the R6...

yea, I know.. I was just meaning if he wants full fairings and to look "cool" most people would go with a sportier bike like the R6 ;)

and here the link to Wavex's mod list
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/3475-links-fz6n-mods.html

and heres another list as well
FZ6 Aftermarket Mods - Sportbikes.net

Last edited:

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't kid yourself. The FZ6 has more than enough power and handling to get yourself in far too deep. Take your time, get some training (or at least some good riding buddies and listen to them), and gear up. The cowling on mine is from Yamaha of Germany.

Be safe out there.

Thanks for the reply. As a new rider I do prioritize safety and keeping it below my limit, and I guess you're right about the power of the FZ6. I completed the MSF rider course recently, and until I get my licence (March 2'nd '09) I will be riding with my dad who has many, many years of experience, so I'm hoping to learn alot from him aswell.

Those fairings look pretty sweet, too ;)

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I never thought of the fz as a starter bike. When i first started out i had a 250cc cruiser. In the hands of an inexperienced rider you can get killed riding anything. whether the top speed is 70 or 170.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
I never thought of the fz as a starter bike. When i first started out i had a 250cc cruiser. In the hands of an inexperienced rider you can get killed riding anything. whether the top speed is 70 or 170.

Good point :thumbup: but also less likely so if you have a bike with less power... But all kinds of people start on 600's and do fine as long as they take it slow and respect the power ;)

luk2004

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have an 05 fz6 and it is my first bike. I always hated naked bikes but for some reason the fz6 just looks good the way it is. I do have that lower fairing piece covering the headers. The full fairing kits are making the bike something its not really it just doesn't look right. About what everyone else said the fz6 definitely has tons of power. When I started out I was shifting at 5-7k and it had plenty of giddy up. Now I'm comfortable taking it up to 8-10k but for city and just normal cruising 5-7k is still great. It's really a great bike its comfortable, looks good, great mpg and big fuel tank good range, plenty of power for even more experienced riders.
The only thing I see lacking is the front suspension is a little soft and the front brakes aren't anything to write home about.