Front end "wobble"

Fred, much appreciated, i have a list of things to check this weekend. Running dyna beads in both tires, no problem so far with beads in my MT01
bike is as smooth as glass

T

May want to take a skip on the dyna beads in the FZ. I had them and they worked up to about 110-115 or so. After that my front would start to bounce and get real really hairy.

"front end wobble"

sounds like the next hip-hop dance craze!!
Sorry :hijack: Nows your chance mate :needpics: Hijack over.:thumbup:

Back on track, could it be a blown fork seel? I had a great front end chatter with a blown seel.

Nelly

I was hitting a corner, left turn, right grade, with 8 other bikes. I was the only FZ6, the rest were all sport bikes. I was number 7 in line. Honda CBR behind me GSX-R in front. We're booking around 70, drop the speed to 50ish to setup for the corner, I'm hugging center line to give myself plenty of room to work it. I start drifting down, no prob, then it happened...front tire starts to skips. WTF, we're not going that fast. This is a brand new FZ6 with 3200 miles on it. Coined “The best sport touring bike in the world” by most. Why is it challenging me? I give it a little rear brake to slow down, pull a little lean out, to give me a little better CG, but now it's decision time. 20% chance of pulling it out with out laying it down, 30% chance of laying it down on pavement and 80% chance of injury. 50% chance of no injury if I pitch it, as we did growing up on MX dirt bikes when faced with this same decision. Pitching it or controlled wreck decreases your injuries by 80%. I pitched it, I saved my butt, dealt with the repairs later. My choice was the right one. With pitching it, and doing a superman dive into the ditch filled with leaves. I had zero injuries, with minor damage to the bike, even rode it home. All the way home I kept questioning my abilities to handle this bike. Since then I have ridden dozens of bikes without crashing them. But I will never push the FZ the way I did that day, like I do my R1, and my Ninja. There is a problem, it's not wear and tear on the tires. It's not the lack of experience. It's the bike. It's a sport touring bike...NOT a race bike. Treat it like one. Enjoy it. They are great bikes with great handling abilities. But I would be cautious.

Tony

Yeah blame the bike... it`s all the bikes fault... :shakehead:

When I crashed, it was all the bike... I had nothing to do with it..........

I was hitting a corner, left turn, right grade, with 8 other bikes. I was the only FZ6, the rest were all sport bikes. I was number 7 in line. Honda CBR behind me GSX-R in front. We're booking around 70, drop the speed to 50ish to setup for the corner, I'm hugging center line to give myself plenty of room to work it. I start drifting down, no prob, then it happened...front tire starts to skips. WTF, we're not going that fast. This is a brand new FZ6 with 3200 miles on it. Coined “The best sport touring bike in the world” by most. Why is it challenging me? I give it a little rear brake to slow down, pull a little lean out, to give me a little better CG, but now it's decision time. 20% chance of pulling it out with out laying it down, 30% chance of laying it down on pavement and 80% chance of injury. 50% chance of no injury if I pitch it, as we did growing up on MX dirt bikes when faced with this same decision. Pitching it or controlled wreck decreases your injuries by 80%. I pitched it, I saved my butt, dealt with the repairs later. My choice was the right one. With pitching it, and doing a superman dive into the ditch filled with leaves. I had zero injuries, with minor damage to the bike, even rode it home. All the way home I kept questioning my abilities to handle this bike. Since then I have ridden dozens of bikes without crashing them. But I will never push the FZ the way I did that day, like I do my R1, and my Ninja. There is a problem, it's not wear and tear on the tires. It's not the lack of experience. It's the bike. It's a sport touring bike...NOT a race bike. Treat it like one. Enjoy it. They are great bikes with great handling abilities. But I would be cautious.

Tony

probably one of the funniest post ever.... i say 75% of that post is probably wrong. 25% could go either way. 100% positive he doesn't have any facts to back any of that stuff up. lastly, 60% of the people that read that crap are probably going to believe he knows what he talking about.

Tony
50mph isn't booking it to use your words. There are many factors involved road surface, tyre heat, tyre pressures. I think you made a dirt bike decision with a road bike issue.
I totally agree with you that a decision to bail results in less injuries.
I am not trying to raise an argument with you. I was not there so could not judge nor feel what you did. I have had my bike through turns at over 60 mph. Whilst being scary and exhilarating I was not at nor near the edge. Look at some of deffy's video footage. The FZ6 can haul it with the best of them. I am an above average rider who rides a bike thats performance will far exceed my abilities.

Nelly

Tony

I've taken twisties at over 65mph (thats in the turn) with no problem, the bike handled like a dream while i was following a Busa and a CBR1000 (the CBR left me in the wind but the Busa couldnt shake me :D ) So no need to comment saying it cant handle sport riding, it can take corners beyond many riders capabilities (including mine!) :Sport:

Back