Frame sliders

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so the dealer is saying 100 for sliders I found some on eBay in the 20-30 range. Am I missing something are they the same or will they work I should say?

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I lot of guys run Motivation Frame Sliders and yes, they are close to 1 Benjamin, $75-85 range. I have Shogun Sliders and paid around $40 via ebay. Shogun makes different types and mine are all Black. I wanted Motivation but didn't want to shell out the extra bling.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i have t-rex and they're $24.00 shipped to you. all the sliders are different. without knowing what ones they're wanting to put on it's really hard to say if they're ripping you off or not.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with R&G sliders which run about $100 from the dealer.
When I had to replace them I just bought the same ones because they had them in stock.

Just stay away from metal ones. Delrin is the best material.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Second to SovietRobot, but I'll add to make sure the slider has a metal insert for the bolt. The bolt is an engine mount bolt, and if it's solid Delrin or a plastic of some sort, you'll never be able to torque it properly and have it stay tight.

I use T-Rex currently, haven't had to test these yet (but yes, I've unfortunately tested others) all have done their job so far. Remember, these are sacrificial pieces, meant to save the expensive bits as much as possible.

Pick what you like, but get something on there!!

Be safe

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
I've bought two sets of frame slider off Ebay. Carbon fiber look alike made of Delrin ,about $20 + shipping and they worked great.

I dropped the bike in my driveway at 0mph and they crushed down but left the bike with no damage at all. And, when I low sided in a sand covered corner the slider was ground down by about 50% at the end of the slide, but minimal damage to any part of the bike; (minor scratching on the mirror and a nick at the top corner of the faring that I would have to point out to you to see).

I will not ride without them but surely would not pay $100. And as far as doing it yourself it is about the easiest mod you could possibly do. If you can screw in a screw you can put on frame sliders because that's all it is. Remove OEM bolts and replace with bolts supplied. The first set required a metric socket as it was a bolt head and the second set required a metric allen wrench as it had a key hole in the center of the bolt head.

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the T-Rex sliders. They're generic black, and I havent tested them, but they have aluminum inserts and are $24.00 shipped. I don't think you can go wrong with them. Install takes 10 minutes, and comes with instructions.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to get T-Rex sliders as the price was right and I bought their rear stand for my previous motorcycle. However, I had doubts about the design of long, hollow sliders. My concern was that they would act like a lever that could snap the bolt head or do other damage. Also, with a hollow body, they can sort of crush the opening closed making removal very difficult. My search ended with Woodcraft. Theirs is not the least $ but the design in best IMO.

Tim

Woodcraft-CFM :: Yamaha FZ6 04+ Frame Slider Kit (50-0413)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
T-REX here as well. Seems to be very good quality and at $23 shipped, I can't complain. I hope I never find out whether they work or not!!!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some cheap "extended" Delrin generics...hopefully I'll never find out first hand that they are cr@p. They are excellent for putting a leg up on when my knee gets stiff, though...:D

dellis14

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to sound stupid but i am new to this stuff. I have a 2009 and all i see is stuff for 2006 to 2008, will they fit mine?

tt2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have t-rex and they're $24.00 shipped to you. all the sliders are different. without knowing what ones they're wanting to put on it's really hard to say if they're ripping you off or not.

read tailgate's note It worried me some
bought from d2 moto
Hope they work

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to sound stupid but i am new to this stuff. I have a 2009 and all i see is stuff for 2006 to 2008, will they fit mine?

Sure will. Well, the sliders anyway. The 2007-09 are the same. The earlier models do have some different parts, windscreens for example.

Tim

Last edited: