First Annual FZ6RC The Ridge @ Deals Gap

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I will do my best to be there at 10am ... I will be leaving from Toccoa Ga on Thursday spending the night there with a friend)

I am about 2 hours and 40 minutes according to Google Map to the CROT

I will see what happens..... if I miss you I will meet at the second appointed time.

some Diet Coke would be nice..... everything else sounds good...

I actually met Jim Karam today while on a ride... we stopped at the same gas station in Salt Springs FL

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Would it make it easier on you guys if we made it, a return point and meet back there at say 2 pm eastern?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing with me is I'll need to get that heave tail case off the bike before I hit any "fun" roads. I am going to be pushing the weight it can carry. I'll more than likely be there, I just don't want to make a promise that might not happen.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I am reasonably sure I can make it by 10.... what ever works for the group

I am as comfortable riding by myself and in groups... so if you want to do it or say lunch that would work too....

I too would not mind dumping some weight but either way ... I am low maintainence

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Steve do you have any of the routes planned out, or mapped out? I'd like to try to convert them to a GPX file for my Garmin.

Also do you have coordinates for the CROT?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
We're 2 weeks away, we can still change the time if need be. Or those that are worried about making it at 10 could suggest a time for the seconding "meet up". I'm down for whatever. The rest of us could meet at 9 or something and then meet up with you guys at noon...anyone have any suggestions?????

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
Noon would work good for me. I plan on leaving as soon as I can Friday morning. It takes about 4 hours to get to the CROT. I MIGHT make it by 10.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:banghead: i would really have loved to go with you guys, but the injury thing tells me that i can't go any place for more then one day. I remember when Steve and I first spoke about putting this whole thing together. I want you all to be safe, have a lot of laughs, and place take some pic's and video. Most of all have a great time. :banghead:

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
very tempted to going. Gotta pick up a few things first (saddlebags and tail bag, tire repair kit, rain pants). I'll have a definite answer by this weekend. If I can go there's a cyclegear in Knoxxville, and I might be able to help out anyone who has some emergency needs (ie tires).

Is anyone bringing a laptop? I'm considering buying this, Cycle Gear - GOPRO Motorsports Hero Digital Vehicle Camera Kit: Motorsports Hero Digital Vehicle Camera Kit , but I don't have a laptop to keep the videos on.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
very tempted to going. Gotta pick up a few things first (saddlebags and tail bag, tire repair kit, rain pants).

Do it!!!

If buying a tail/saddle bag set is an issue right now, consider strapping a carefully packed dufflebag to your tail end with some ratchet straps. People have been making long trips on 2 wheels long before purpose-made luggage was readily available. Do it!!!

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

very tempted to going. Gotta pick up a few things first (saddlebags and tail bag, tire repair kit, rain pants). I'll have a definite answer by this weekend. If I can go there's a cyclegear in Knoxxville, and I might be able to help out anyone who has some emergency needs (ie tires).

Is anyone bringing a laptop? I'm considering buying this, Cycle Gear - GOPRO Motorsports Hero Digital Vehicle Camera Kit: Motorsports Hero Digital Vehicle Camera Kit , but I don't have a laptop to keep the videos on.

Computer with DSL internet access on site. Free long distance as well.

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife backed out of our trip to Townsend/Gatlinburg so I should be able to make all events/rides with ya'll. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon around 1 or 2 and will be staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville. Is there a meeting time and place for Thursday?

W

wrightme43

My wife backed out of our trip to Townsend/Gatlinburg so I should be able to make all events/rides with ya'll. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon around 1 or 2 and will be staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville. Is there a meeting time and place for Thursday?

Not yet. I will be there some time on thursday. I will have the truck. I have to go to the grocery store in Robbinsville right across from the microtel. Then I will need to go to the Ridge and unload, and unload the bike. If you want my cell # pm me. AntMB may be there, and Defy should be there too. So we can at least ride thursday evening.

If you are willing to give up the privacy of room at the microtel you should save 2-300$ if you want to stay with us.

W

wrightme43

7 is the answer as of right now.

We have room for 4-5 more people no problem and that would be all with fold out cots with real mattress bringing the cost to about 50-60$ each for the whole weekend. We can handle up to 10 more, but that puts people sleeping in recliners too.

If no one else comes we are going to have to toss in around 20$ more each for food.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
the money thing in not a big deal I was commenting on the logistics

i got some MIchelin Pilot Roads put on yesterday and changed the oil

is the address on the ridge website for the place we are staying?
3094 Santeetlah Road
Robbinsville, NC 28771-9712

I have about 540 miles to ride on thursday then about 120+ on friday AM to meet up with you at CROT on Friday (mid morning or noon) preferably noon.

getting excited:thumbup: