First Annual FZ6RC The Ridge @ Deals Gap

W

wrightme43

I'll eat anything and so does Angela, my fiance; everything you posted sounds fine with me. I like ice tea too.

I couldn't pull the full address off of the google maps link posted.

Let me know if you don't have my number but I'm not sure I want my cell posted out in the open...with the SPAMMERS and all.

I should be there late Thursday (10PMish?) and will likely be leaving early Monday.

EDIT - I'm driving down in my truck so I'll have most tools anyone may need but not an entire garage :D

Rock, This is going to be a blast.

W

wrightme43

Cool Gosling. Is that noonish on friday? Or thursday?

I have a confirm from Bikerider that he can not make it. I told him I would see if you wanted to buy him out.
If I refund his money now, I have already lost 3.20$ He will lose another 3.20$ If you send him 100$ he has all his money back and only one 3.20$ fee comes out of the gap moneys.

W

wrightme43

Cool.

Gosling1 has paid, and BikeRider has been refunded. If no one else comes it will be around 15$-20$ each extra for food. If one more person comes it will work out great. 2 or 3 more and everyone that prepaid will get enough refunded for a tank of gas or so.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
So, have you folks finalized on meet-up places and times? I'll also be in Thursday evening, but I'm staying at Fontana due to the housing tastes of the Missus. I'd suggest that someone try to develop a consensus on morning and noon locations and times, or just dictate them, but please post them.

W

wrightme43

Man I dont know yet.

I expect to leave out for a ride saturday towards TellicoPlains on the Cherohala around 8 or so. Stop at the Falls 900-930 Hit the little resturant behind the gas station in TellicoPlains around 10-1030. Loop around to the lake on 129 around noon, regroup at the overlook. Ride the dragon Regroup at Crossroads of Time. Ride the Hellbender, regroup at the grocery in Robbinsville. Ride the dragon the other way up 129, turn around at the lake, and ride it back, then cut off onto 143 and dinner at the house.

Are some of you all going to want to come for dinners and campfires? Do you guys want to meet up for a dinner out one night?

I dont want to decide stuff with out other people input. If you have a good idea post it up. I just like to eat and ride.

I figure we will just spread out and ride at a good pace, then meet back up in places, and some riders will want to stay in a tight group.

W

wrightme43

That sounds fine for Saturday, but how about Friday?
I dont know, it depends on how people are going to arrive.

Your TourGuide is that right?

I know I will be there, Nate and Angeal, and AntMB will too. I am sure others will be to, just depending on time. We could all meet up and ride where ever. I really want to work the blue ridge parkway in too. Even if I have to ride it alone.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds fine for Saturday, but how about Friday?

Everyone meet up at the CROT around 10AM? I think some of us will be tired from making the long haul Wed/Thurs. 10 is a lil' on the late side, but a 9AM meet time on Friday may have us waiting for stragglers which is never fun.

I will probably need to unload my bike that AM. TourGuide is staying down the road from us in Robbinsville so I may meet him there early or he may swing by the Ridge or everyone could just pick a time to meet at the CROT for that morning and be done with it.

I think the best way to handle Friday is for the main group to plan on being at the CROT at least once mid-morning and once later afternoon to give some of the others a solid plan for finding us.

THOUGHTS?

cell phones don't work very well in the mtns....

CROT = cross roads of time = 129 and 28

W

wrightme43

Here is a google earth image as well. And some gratuitous pretty girls.

W

wrightme43

Everyone meet up at the CROT around 10AM? I think some of us will be tired from making the long haul Wed/Thurs. 10 is a lil' on the late side, but a 9AM meet time on Friday may have us waiting for stragglers which is never fun.

I will probably need to unload my bike that AM. TourGuide is staying down the road from us in Robbinsville so I may meet him there early or he may swing by the Ridge or everyone could just pick a time to meet at the CROT for that morning and be done with it.

I think the best way to handle Friday is for the main group to plan on being at the CROT at least once mid-morning and once later afternoon to give some of the others a solid plan for finding us.

THOUGHTS?

cell phones don't work very well in the mtns....

CROT = cross roads of time = 129 and 28

sounds good Nate.

Ron said they have ramps to unload with.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
OK for Friday, i.e., 10:00 AM at CROT. I'm willing to go at 9:00 if anyone wants, but 9:00 is about the earliest I have ever seen one of our groups get started. Luckily Franco isn't in charge, or we'd be even later. As such, I'd also request a 9:00 AM start on Saturday, particularly since I'd have to get from Fontana to your cabin by then.

W

wrightme43

LOL I thought that was a weird way to spell it but hell you never know.

10:00 am Eastern time. Friday at CROT.

W

wrightme43

LOL I was sitting here thinking WTF is he talking about. LOL

I got it. I was talking about Angeal being Angela. LOL

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't guarantee I'll be there at 10 am on Friday. It really all depends on how my ass hold up.

Is anyone going to be using GPS for the ride? If so do you have a route to share?

I'm in the process of installing XM in my tankbag. I figure it will be well worth it on the trip.