First Accident... 6 months after picking it up

mett248

Reaction score
Visit site
6 months after the MSF and getting my FZ6- and I have my first accident 3 blocks from my house. Not my fault, someone turned left when they shouldn't have, but still goes to show you ATGATT. Ride safe fam.

mett248

Reaction score
Visit site
Walked away with no injuries thankfully. The bike though is gong to need some repairs, the speedo is at a totally different angle now. Along with the mirrors, headlights, turn signals, and front farings. His insurance is covering it all so far, including a replacement of my helmet.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
. Not my fault, someone turned left when they shouldn't have, but still goes to show you ATGATT. .

Glad to hear that you are okay, thanks to wearing ATGATT. I cannot stress the importance of safety gear, regardless if you're a new or seasoned rider. Please remind yourself that vehicles will often fail to yield your right of way simply because they don't see you. This is a very common scenario, ride like you're invisible, chances are most drivers will not see you. As Scott mentioned, you may have benefited from this learning experience and you might come out ahead. New helmet, possibly a new bike.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident, but pleased you're OK, good job you was geared up :thumbup:
I realise it was not your fault and these things happen, keep an eye out especially at junctions and always expect the unexpected, as Kenny said ride as if you were invisible.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Please DO NOT ride as if you're invisible, I took that advice and went out riding naked thinking no one will see me. WRONG!!!

But seriously, glad you're ok.

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you had your gear on. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse if you're needing a new helmet. And yes, always ride with clothes on!

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
I was involved in a crash in 2015... had bought the Fazer in September and in February the crash happened, the motorcycle was around 2.000km only. But we are all here to tell the story, that's what it counts. ;)

"V"