finally! fz6 inverted forks with full fairings.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys
after a long wait!!! my bike have spend a week in the workshop, and its finally done!
my 08 r6 inverted forks with radial calipers are up on my bike!
although this is done by my mechanic and not me, those who wish to ask questions pls post it up here, i try my best to answer you.

Last edited:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Now, give us a ride report :thumbup:
ride report? let me have the suspension set up right first!
but i feel that there's alot of improvement in the braking system after this upgrade. braking is now much more responsive..

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great but how about a pic of the full fairing???

added!

Now, give us a ride report :thumbup:

ok! i have my suspension set up last night. the fact that i can set up my suspension is already a huge plus point over the stock fz6 suspension. the bike have a better feel with the r6 forks, being able to adjust the suspension to individual's preference.

i hate to say this, but the highlight of yesterday tuning session was, the r6 is so much easier, lighter to go for corners. i tested my friend's r6 after i had my suspension set up. and i dont know what people are saying that the r6 is really bad in the low and mid range, but his r6 is so ready to move at the twist of my wrist, more so than my fz6. :ban:
major plus point of fz6 is, its so much more comfortable to ride daily. :cheer:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
didnt some one put upside forks on the fz6 already?
anyways, looking good. :thumbup:
you even put new wave rotors. you went all out!!!:cheer:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
didnt some one put upside forks on the fz6 already?
anyways, looking good. :thumbup:
you even put new wave rotors. you went all out!!!:cheer:
there's a handful who posted their bikes with inverted forks, yeah. but so far none (or at least those i have read through) were with their top fairings on. All of them converted their fz6 to naked.
there was a minor hiccup to have the handlebars cleared from the top fairing but my mechanic solved it relatively easy.
biggest problem was this mod was the steer tube which 2 fellow riders here who have done the mod already shared with everyone of us. the part have to be machined, which was the reason y my bike spend a couple more days in the workshop.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
there's a handful who posted their bikes with inverted forks, yeah. but so far none (or at least those i have read through) were with their top fairings on. All of them converted their fz6 to naked.
there was a minor hiccup to have the handlebars cleared from the top fairing but my mechanic solved it relatively easy.
biggest problem was this mod was the steer tube which 2 fellow riders here who have done the mod already shared with everyone of us. the part have to be machined, which was the reason y my bike spend a couple more days in the workshop.

Is it just me, or is the lower fairing not quite the same colour as the OEM top fairing??

Love the suspension, and braking mods....just how much nicer are the radially mounted brakes?? so much more feeling at the lever, much stronger performance, well that's my experience anyway.

:thumbup::thumbup:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the lower fairing not quite the same colour as the OEM top fairing??

Love the suspension, and braking mods....just how much nicer are the radially mounted brakes?? so much more feeling at the lever, much stronger performance, well that's my experience anyway.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, it appears so - still looks pretty badass though. :grrrrrrrrr:

yes, the lower fairing is not the same colour as the top fairing, cause when i bought the lower fairing it was black in colour and i didnt want to spend money to send it to the spray paint shop to paint it, so i just made use of sticker to paste over.
more feel at the levers and much better/stronger performance overall.. much better performance was probably cause i didnt bleed my brakes for about a year previously and this was freshly done by the workshop, but definitely there's still improvement over the stock fz6.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Believe it or not, I was going to ask if it was a vinyl or decal, cause it looked a little raised across the top. Then promptly forgot about it as I was typing.

slandis

Reaction score
Visit site

This can be solved without machining anything. I swapped out my bearings and bearing races with AllBalls units from an 08 R1 and simply used the R1 triple and stem. It's a tight fit but it all goes together snugly and looks good with the larger top nut from the R1!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice job, well done! Pretty amazing difference in performance huh?

Fix the toe peg on your rear brake level, will ya? ;)

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
This can be solved without machining anything. I swapped out my bearings and bearing races with AllBalls units from an 08 R1 and simply used the R1 triple and stem. It's a tight fit but it all goes together snugly and looks good with the larger top nut from the R1!

Hmm.. not sure if my mechanic tried that out. He have a wrecked r1 lying in the workshop and he did take the caliper bolts from there..
Anyway what's impt is that the bike works fine now!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks really good!

Thanks!

btw what brand and where is the voltmeter gauge from?

Let me find out.. will get back to you..

Very nice job, well done! Pretty amazing difference in performance huh?

Fix the toe peg on your rear brake level, will ya? ;)

Yeah the performance now is great..
That reminds me to email and ask the status of my replacement levers. Haha.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
nice job!
It reminds me mine fz6!!!
its a bit older than yours but i loved it as long as i own it!
fazerusd.jpg

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
btw what brand and where is the voltmeter gauge from?

the brand is autogauge, not sure where is the brand from, not sure how much is it also as it was already on the bike when i bought it. intending to change to a smaller digital voltmeter though.
you want this? :rockon:

nice job!
It reminds me mine fz6!!!
its a bit older than yours but i loved it as long as i own it!
fazerusd.jpg

all black looks nice!!!!!:rockon:
what forks are these?
anyway where did you buy spools for the paddock stand?

Last edited: