Finally bought a car

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking ride mate :thumbup: I dunno what you crazy Americans are doing to your VW's coz the ones we get here in Oz are bulletproof , seriously you cant kill them :confused:

I would seriously LOVE to get a hold of one of these :drool: :drool: :drool:

298443861_bcbfd06948_b.jpg

lol if i recall correctly, you also defended hyundai when i was ranting about them humpy. Oh btw since that time the electricals went crazy and the alarm turns on an off when it feels like, or just goes off in the middle of the night....no experience with VW though :confused:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure I'd brag about being a GM guy, and then mispell Camaro:BLAA:

To the OP, sweet ride. 300hp out of that 2.0 is plenty safe on stock internals, but I'm not sure I'd go for much more than that without tearing the block down. I love how easy the turbo VW/Audi's are to tune, but I'm eyeing a WRX instead for all the same tunability with all-wheel drive to boot! What use is all that horsepower if you can't put it down to the ground.:eek:

I loath STI's.... every one of them drives like they're a driving god... then they flip you the bird as they fade into your side mirrors...

The way i see it, if i want to go fast i'll get on the motorcycle...

Car for function
Motorcycle for fun

The only "budget performance" car i'd get is one of these
images

:thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I loath STI's.... every one of them drives like they're a driving god... then they flip you the bird as they fade into your side mirrors...

The way i see it, if i want to go fast i'll get on the motorcycle...

And there in lies the difference between someone who wants a WRX and someone who wants a WRX STi. The WRX is plenty fast and plenty capable for street driving. The only reason to get an STi is for rally racing or your ego.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
First nice VW man.

I plan on buying an STi in the next 6 months but a WRX wagon is my backup plan if my car poops out before I can afford it or find the right one. Around here the WRX drivers are just as bad if not worse than the STi drivers in thinking they are driving gods. Every time I have seen an STi on the road it was doing the speed limit and trying not to draw to much attention with the giant wing. I'm not saying there not tearing up the back roads just that they know they are cop magnets.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
First nice VW man.

I plan on buying an STi in the next 6 months but a WRX wagon is my backup plan if my car poops out before I can afford it or find the right one. Around here the WRX drivers are just as bad if not worse than the STi drivers in thinking they are driving gods. Every time I have seen an STi on the road it was doing the speed limit and trying not to draw to much attention with the giant wing. I'm not saying there not tearing up the back roads just that they know they are cop magnets.

I agree, alot of WRX drivers are the same, maybe they're just mad because they couldn't afford the STI? lol Also i really really hate the air intake on the hood... STI or not it serves no functional purpose and it's only use (IMO) is to make it appeal to college kids to impress their buddies... whereas you can buy a bike twice as fast for half the price! If i wanted to go fast, handle well, and have a turbo to show my mates, i'd buy a 80's Porsche 944 turbo S.... :thumbup: /endrant anyways i hear Volvo is coming out with a AWD rally racer to compete with the STI's bet they don't have that hood scoop :D
(okay okay real /endrant now)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Also i really really hate the air intake on the hood... STI or not it serves no functional purpose and it's only use (IMO) is to make it appeal to college kids to impress their buddies...

Not true. The hood scoop forces air through the turbo intercooler*. It is functional it just isn't a RAM-air intake.

*for those who do not know anything about turbo-charged engines: the intercooler is basically an "air radiator" that cools the compressed air out of the turbo before it is force-inducted into the intake manifold. As we all know, cooler intake air means more power.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^what he said... definitely functional just not a air intake scoop as most people think it is

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

zg fazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure where you're from but here in Croatia VW is one of the cheapest cars for maintenance. But, they stick to very conservative design and because of that I do not prefer them... :) At least for European market because models are different in Europe and USA.