Finally bought a car

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
So, i bought this POS from a friend in October of 2010

DSCN3247.jpg

Then, i bought my FZ6 in May 2011

DSCN3246.jpg

Progressively the car got worse and worse. Everytime i fixed 1 thing, something else would break. Plus the car was a total rust bucket. I ended up parted the car out (can get more money from parts then selling whole)

39.jpg

33.jpg

20110702181757.jpg

Since May, i've been riding the bike rain or shine, gathered up enough funds to buy this beast!

2010-08-10162514.jpg

2010-05-26144922.jpg

2010-08-10162526.jpg

Even though the car is crazy fast and fun to drive, i still can't seem to stop riding the fz6 everywhere i go.

D

Dave.TX

Unfortunately that's common with VW's, they're expensive to maintain. The fact that Audi is basically the same cars baffles me. When I was younger I wanted a VW, glad I never got one. As I got older I met plenty of people that had them and they just don't hold up.

As for Yamaha's and FZ6's in particular, they're pretty darned reliable. Of course things like the chain will wear out but change the oil on time, don't hit any deer, etc, it's going to last and last. It's really hard to compare a motorcycle to a car, though.

Yes, the FZ6 brings smiles and is fun to ride. It's my first motorcycle but I'm already eyeing the fact that when I pay it off or sell it I'll probably get a BMW or Triumph to replace it. It's a shame since I've only had the FZ6 for 2 1/2 months.

For now, though, I'm having fun riding and meeting new people in the motorcycle world. It does a good job riding with both supersport bikes and cruisers. I have yet to ride with another FZ6 and only been on one ride with an FZ1.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Same story with my gfs jetta. 2002 bought in 2009 and has been nothing but trouble since. Spent close to a million dollars on it already. The thing is cursed!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an 85 GTI for a couple years back in my high school/college days. Loved that car. Would never own another one, though.

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, Congrats!

looks like it has a big boy turbo gt28 im guessing?? Or is it a 30? How much is it putting down to the ground?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking ride mate :thumbup: I dunno what you crazy Americans are doing to your VW's coz the ones we get here in Oz are bulletproof , seriously you cant kill them :confused:

I would seriously LOVE to get a hold of one of these :drool: :drool: :drool:

298443861_bcbfd06948_b.jpg

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI American VW's are built in Mexico not Germany, unless theyre TDI's with manual transmissions (special order vehicles)

thats why the quality is the way it is sadly...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
This is why I stick to Honda and Toyota cars for daily drivers, they run much longer than anything German made and parts are cheap and easy to find.

I have a perfectly good Honda S2000 convertible that sits in the garage most of the summer while I'm out on the FZ6! It's hard to resist the FZ6 when it's so fun to ride and saves a pile of cash on gas! :thumbup:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride man! What kind of turbo system are you running? Any tuning to fuel/spark? How much boost you pushing?

Big step up from the beater :thumbup:

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
The turbo is a Garrett 3071 with unitronic software. The motor has stock internals so i'm running it at a safe amount of boost. The car has about 300hp.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
The turbo is a Garrett 3071 with unitronic software. The motor has stock internals so i'm running it at a safe amount of boost. The car has about 300hp.

Nice. What is the stock compression on that motor, and what do you consider a safe leve? You running a wideband?

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the ride. v-dubs are great - when they're running. i have an '87 scirocco 16v that now needs a new tranny/diff. when it was running (and without the common electrical issues), it was a fun little pocket rocket. go fahrvergnugen!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Ima strictly GM guy, I own a Chevy Silverado and Cobalt. Both are bulletproof and wouldn't own anything else! except maybe a beefed up Camero ;)

I'm not sure I'd brag about being a GM guy, and then mispell Camaro:BLAA:

To the OP, sweet ride. 300hp out of that 2.0 is plenty safe on stock internals, but I'm not sure I'd go for much more than that without tearing the block down. I love how easy the turbo VW/Audi's are to tune, but I'm eyeing a WRX instead for all the same tunability with all-wheel drive to boot! What use is all that horsepower if you can't put it down to the ground.:eek:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ima strictly GM guy, I own a Chevy Silverado and Cobalt. Both are bulletproof and wouldn't own anything else! except maybe a beefed up Camero ;)

The Cobalt has only been around for 6 years, hardly enough time to call it "bulletproof". Report back when it's 20 years old with 300K on it like several of the Hondas I have owned and sold still running have done. ;)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

To the OP, sweet ride. 300hp out of that 2.0 is plenty safe on stock internals, but I'm not sure I'd go for much more than that without tearing the block down. I love how easy the turbo VW/Audi's are to tune, but I'm eyeing a WRX instead for all the same tunability with all-wheel drive to boot! What use is all that horsepower if you can't put it down to the ground.:eek:

Not to mention that you can get 300hp out of a subi for 1/2 the cost...i used to be obsessed about the wrx and stil love em just not as addicted as i use to be thanks to the fz

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site

the motor is a 1.8T... i'm going to keep the boost level where it is because of that reason. I would like to build the motor in the future so until then, im not going to mess with anything. On the 1.8T motors, max psi is around 11-13 PSI.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
the motor is a 1.8T... i'm going to keep the boost level where it is because of that reason. I would like to build the motor in the future so until then, im not going to mess with anything. On the 1.8T motors, max psi is around 11-13 PSI.

Thanks for the correction, wasn't sure which year they upped the displacement. Must be a hoot to drive!