Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
Do all these exhausts work with leaving the stock fender? I see the Two Brothers kit comes with a fender eliminator, but does it have to be used? I found a thread about that kit that said you can use the stock fender but it had to be modified. I don't understand why.

I like the new EYA84 Scorpion design, comes in all the same sleeves as Two Bros and is cheaper, plus they say only one with no remap needed.

Can't decide...

Last edited:

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the correction. i did a search for the graph i was referring to. clicky. credits to Wavex.

now, how true is this? this looks like its scanned from a magazine. the legal exhausts for me to choose from are akrapovic, arrow, laser, leovince, yoshimura. scorpion, remus, termignoni are also legal, but not in this graph shown.

Got this from Akrapovic:

"Dear Mr. LaJeunesse,

The system pipe is made out of stainless steel and muffler outer sleeve is out of titanium.
Thank you for your question,

Best regards,
Akrapovič d.d.
R&D department"

But in the meantime I found a seller on eBay that has the new Scorpion system in carbon or titanium for $599.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got this from Akrapovic:

"Dear Mr. LaJeunesse,

The system pipe is made out of stainless steel and muffler outer sleeve is out of titanium.
Thank you for your question,

Best regards,
Akrapovič d.d.
R&D department"

But in the meantime I found a seller on eBay that has the new Scorpion system in carbon or titanium for $599.

Is it HobartCycles? If so, I bought mine from him, so did Ckanty. Good seller :thumbup:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the update.. i'd rather the exhaust pipe made out of titanium, and the sleeve stainless steel. at least any damages on the outer sleeve its easier to request workshop to make another.

nonetheless, still interested in akrapovic. :)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it hasn't been suggested already, Mr. Moderator, this thread should be a "stickie", and maybe in the Mods forum... :thumbup:

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
GREAT thread :)
I had never thought about exhausts before reading this..
Now it's going to be thought about for quite a while coming haha.
For the people in Oz, where do you buy your systems from?
I'm thinking it's between Scorpions, or Leovince

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GREAT thread :)
I had never thought about exhausts before reading this..
Now it's going to be thought about for quite a while coming haha.
For the people in Oz, where do you buy your systems from?
I'm thinking it's between Scorpions, or Leovince
scorpions - ebay. (US)

Good price

Great product

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see Jardine anywhere on this list. Nor do i see straight through :)

But if I had to pick one, probably scorpions (because I have them), Close behind would be the TB - who's sound is just MEAN!

N

Naykid

Is there anyone on this forum that actually had the good sense to remap with any of these aftermarket exhaust pipes?

Seriously....you may think it runs great without remapping.....but trust me....it don't...it can't.....and it never will.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there anyone on this forum that actually had the good sense to remap with any of these aftermarket exhaust pipes?

Seriously....you may think it runs great without remapping.....but trust me....it don't...it can't.....and it never will.

Scorpion don't recommend remapping with any of their cans.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

got fz6 dyno charts to back up those remarks? Nope? Didn't think so.

Will a tuned bike run bettter than an untuned bike? Of course! Do bikes with pipes on a stock tune fail to run "great?" nope. They run great too!

Read my sticky in regards to CO mode tuning. Even with the stock tune it had a decent a/f ratio and gained 3hp.

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site
I've finally bitten the bullet. After 14 months of procrastination I've ordered a set of pipes for my beast. Two Bro's Carbon Fibre, they should arrive tomorrow. I've bribed a mechanic with a bottle of Wild Turkey, to start early on Saturday morning and fit them for me. Being in the trade the distributor gave me a wild discount, so that eased the pain a little bit.
I'm home sick today, ;-) surfing the web, as ya do, and what do I find, a new zorst by TB, with red alloy bits, like I wanted but was told the CF only come with gold fittings :-( If only I'd had a sickie last week.

I'll wait til the CF cans arrive before I go deciding on sending them back.

3 more sleeps to go.

N

Naykid

got fz6 dyno charts to back up those remarks? Nope? Didn't think so.

Will a tuned bike run bettter than an untuned bike? Of course! Do bikes with pipes on a stock tune fail to run "great?" nope. They run great too!

Read my sticky in regards to CO mode tuning. Even with the stock tune it had a decent a/f ratio and gained 3hp.

I don't need a dyno chart to know that if you change the intake or exhaust system...the a/f ratio isn't right. Which by the way you seem to agree with....so i don't have a clue why you replied in the first place.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I don't need a dyno chart to know that if you change the intake or exhaust system...the a/f ratio isn't right. Which by the way you seem to agree with....so i don't have a clue why you replied in the first place.

I believe you are over thinking this whole thing. As temperatures and barometric pressures (as well as altitude) change, so does the "great" running condition. To say a bike is perfectly tuned... really means it is good enough. Not only that, to make fine tune adjustments, a power commander is needed. Also, a stock bike is not "perfectly tuned" and air fuel ratio is not 14.7:1. It is all over the board depending on climate conditions and rpm. heck! different speeds can affect air fuel ratio.

My problem was when you threw out a blanket statement without backing it up with fact. My bike was pretty darn close to perfect with leo vince and a stock tune.

Your mileage (as they say) may vary.