Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you are kidding, but actually, I thought that was a very honest answer :thumbup:

Very much in line with what many have been saying in this and other threads, hp is variable for many reasons.

Please, I beg of you, just make sure you tune with a PC, don't want to upset any of our newer members. :BLAA:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I know you are kidding, but actually, I thought that was a very honest answer :thumbup:

Very much in line with what many have been saying in this and other threads, hp is variable for many reasons.

Yeah. I totally agree with their statements as well, but I just thought I'd be silly.

:BLAA:

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
As info:

I just installed the Leo Vince Evo-2 system, carbon fiber, w/de-cat pipe on my 2007 FZ6 last week. I REMOVED the DB killers.

1. The sound is absolutely awesome - deep and thunderous!
2. The performance gain is VERY noticeable - whenever I get on the throttle the front end wants to pop up. I love it...

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that! Just ordered a set of Leovince Carbon pipes for me '09/'10 FZ6. Got a great price if I say so myself, € 435,00! :rockon: Normal prices for the carbon pipes here are around € 550,00.:spank:

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm i dont know what to do anymore...

I like the look of the stock pipes. But i love the look of the laser's. (MV Augusta style)

But if i read things correctly they are not gonna give you extra performance of at least not much if not less.

I dont like the looks of the other pipes. They are to big / to long (stick out of the back to much). And i dont like those racing pipes with the strange nozzels.

like these:

093182994107LR.gif

I guess i better stick to stock then? Because the lasers will set met back 710-800€. Thats quit a lot for only looks and worse performance...

Also see : http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/18642-i-had-fz-dyno.html

Two Brothers might be a option but i think stock looks better.

I'm also thinking of going to a FZ1. Or just tweak the FZ6 a bit. Just a little bit more would be nice.... (i'm riding a FZ6 S 2004). Thinking about swapping it for a 2010 FZ6 S2 with ABS or a second hand FZ1 Fazer GT ABS. (just wanna have ABS).

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Dyno charts.....

hmmmm i dont know what to do anymore...

I like the look of the stock pipes. But i love the look of the laser's. (MV Augusta style)

But if i read things correctly they are not gonna give you extra performance of at least not much if not less.

I dont like the looks of the other pipes. They are to big / to long (stick out of the back to much). And i dont like those racing pipes with the strange nozzels.

You know, dyno charts can be all over the place. There are people on here who have dynoed their FZ6 with Laser Quads and have seen improvements.
I know that mine sure feels more powerful with them installed, and I definitely did not feel a power loss.

From what I recall on the "old" SBN board (around 2004 and in their archives now) was that the laser quad by itself gave about three or four horsepower and the cat eliminator adds about another four horsepower. I've attached the dyno graph from Foster Rad's site which shows a stock FZ6 versus just the laser Quad installed (no cat pipe).

Here's the page where I found the dyno chart:
LASER 'X-treme' Exhaust System tapered (4 x 70 mm) for the YAMAHA FZ6/S FAZER '04- | FosterRAD Laser Exhaust Systems

I too do not like the looks of exhausts which poke out of the back of the bike, but I do sort of like the new 2-brothers systems.

My laser quad looks awesome (in my opinion) and sounds great, without being obnoxiously loud. I would definitely go that route again for exhaust.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd pop my 2cents in.

I have two FZ's because I .. Well I just have two.

Blue one has Scorps and catless midpipes, powercomander III...

Red one is stock.

I'm torn on the whole exhaust thing. I tend to ride the blue one all week and the red one on the weekends. (Red is stored 50 miles North of me, at my 'real'/weekend home) Occasionally I'll take the Blue one up so my buddy can ride Red.

I love the blue bike. I love the throttle response and the linnier power band it has. From 3000 RPM up to 13,000 or so, it is smooth as hell.

But I love the relaxing quiet ride on the red one. If it just were half as smooth and didn't have the pronounced rattle @ 6500 RPM and then 'second' power band @ 8000 RPM I'd be happy as heck with the exhaust.

I find myself riding blue with the RPM in the 5000 too 10,000 RPM range most of the time and red between 2000 and 5000 most of the time. It is like having two diferent model of motorcycle. Red is in 6th gear a lot. Blue tends to stay below 4th gear.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Dyno charts.....

You know, dyno charts can be all over the place. There are people on here who have dynoed their FZ6 with Laser Quads and have seen improvements.
I know that mine sure feels more powerful with them installed, and I definitely did not feel a power loss.

From what I recall on the "old" SBN board (around 2004 and in their archives now) was that the laser quad by itself gave about three or four horsepower and the cat eliminator adds about another four horsepower. I've attached the dyno graph from Foster Rad's site which shows a stock FZ6 versus just the laser Quad installed (no cat pipe).

Here's the page where I found the dyno chart:
LASER 'X-treme' Exhaust System tapered (4 x 70 mm) for the YAMAHA FZ6/S FAZER '04- | FosterRAD Laser Exhaust Systems

I too do not like the looks of exhausts which poke out of the back of the bike, but I do sort of like the new 2-brothers systems.

My laser quad looks awesome (in my opinion) and sounds great, without being obnoxiously loud. I would definitely go that route again for exhaust.

Thanks for the information!! Is it legal to remove the CAT? i think the exhaust fumes wont be as clean with the cat removed.

I think i will still look into that laser. And otherwise the Scorpions oval or the Two Brothers. But i dont really like that Carbon Fiber.

A bit more power would really be nice. But if it stays the same its also fine :)