Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Really?! Interesting! Cat still in place? We installed scorpions on two different FZ6's and they were definitely louder than stock but no where near my Leo Vince.

I've never heard the Leo's so maybe they're just obnoxiously loud, but my Scorpions were loud as hell while riding... did you get to ride these bikes you talk about?
I also had the chance to follow a few ppl with Scorpions and just like the 2 Bros they were blasting!

I thought you had Laser Quads? Or did you start a little FZ6 exhaust collection? Maybe my mind is going...

I had Lasers indeed, but my 2nd FZ6 had scorpions on it when I bought it (used).... I ended up selling the Scorps and kept my Lasers (recuperated from my totalled 1st FZ).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't heard the others but the Scorps sound nice and deep taking it easy around town. When getting on it, they friggin scream!!!! My friend (whom I bought the bike from) said the bike sounds considerably larger and really, really good...

Thats with NO MAPs, NO silencers and the cat still in... The SS looks great too....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
REALLY?! I have heard the Remus on a FZ6 and thought they were the worst sounding exhaust I had heard on any sport bike ever! Not deep at all, quite tinny sounding and very buzzy.

Devils I have heard on other bikes (never FZ6) and they sound very good. And of course the scorpions sound good but aren't very loud at all.

Pics are always appreciated here!

Who had the Remus Exhaust on their FZ6?

I thought I had the only FZ6 here in the states that had the Remus Cans.

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Who had the Remus Exhaust on their FZ6?

I thought I had the only FZ6 here in the states that had the Remus Cans.

"Medic" from sportbikes.net (aka Josh). I rode with him in 2008 and heard his Remus cans then. What are your thoughts on them? You have heard several different FZ's in person I'm sure.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Medic" from sportbikes.net (aka Josh). I rode with him in 2008 and heard his Remus cans then. What are your thoughts on them? You have heard several different FZ's in person I'm sure.

First, why isn't Medic a member here on this forum?

About the Remus, I stumbled across the pipes accidently, long story short, picked them up locally for $400 that was previously installed on another FZ6 that had acrued less than 1000 miles on them. Brand new, they cost over $800! Made in Austria.

Didn't know too much about the pipes, did research, and they are actually considered as high end pipes, popular on BMW's, Lexus, etc. Not cheap!

They definately sound unique and I like the fact that not every FZ6 has these pipes. I thnk I'm one of maybe 2-3 other members on this forum that has them, I like to be different. What I heard from other riders behind me, they are loud so you would have to ask some of the Southern California members on how they sound, as it's difficult to honestly get a good review on how they sound when you're on the bike, it's only from a distance that you can get a good opinion on how they sound.

I can honestly say when I got my speeding ticket a year ago, the cop in the courtroom said "I heard him coming" is good enough for me.

Plus the Remus are very well made. They don't use stickers or paint directly onto the pipes that can fade or come off. They use a separate data plate.

Last edited:

tymensen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed the Two brothers aluminum, and there is no comparison to the stock. The stock is wy to quite, but with the 2 bros the bike is alive and screaming, LOVE IT

Happy J

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I think you need to decide upon your budget.

There is no doubt that all of the aftermarket systems will make the bike sound much better.

I initially wanted some Two brothers however as in the UK they were retailing at crazy money.

Instead I went to a local bike shop and ordered some stainless steel scorpions.

Best money I have ever spent. Cost me about £370 including fitting.

The bike sounds amazing. I have to leave the DB killers in or I will wake the dead and every copper that I pass.

It really brings the bike to life. Sounds like a proper sports bike now. The higher the revs the more she screams.

Whatever you buy I am sure you wont regret it.

Good shopping!

Jason

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
How old are those pipes Simon?
The outlets are the same as on my KTM Duke,which I bought a few years ago.
Just wondered if they changed the design,as mine have the conical tips.

almost 3 years old (but they've been off the bike for a year) . . . and here's another piccy showing the outlets a bit better . . .

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Do the carbon fiber Leo Vince and Scorpion Exhaust have the same yellowing as the Two Brothers? Just noticed alot of posts about the TB's over the last few weeks.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Do the carbon fiber Leo Vince and Scorpion Exhaust have the same yellowing as the Two Brothers? Just noticed alot of posts about the TB's over the last few weeks.

I have 15,000 miles on my Leo Vince carbon fiber exhaust and I don't notice any yellowing. I just ran out and ran a rag over them and snapped a couple of pics so you can see.

Caligula

Reaction score
Visit site
I've not long ordered Oval SS Scorpion with the Edge ends, so this was interesting reading. I cannot wait to get them fitted and hear the difference.

The main considerations for me were cost and style. Would have loved a Two Brothers, but at nearly 3x the cost of the Scorps and not road legal they soon were off the list. Saw a few images of the SS Scorpions on some FZ6's and thought that they looked sweet and eventually found mail order site selling them at under £350..... Bargain!

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Akrapovic titanium didn't need remapping either. I find it hard to believe those actually lose power.... Akrapovic is a world-class exhaust manufacturer. Most of the Isle of Man TT bikes use them from what I've seen.

There's a surprising amount of choices for cans with the FZ6 and I've considered them all. I keep going back to the Akrapovic. They sound great and they're titanium! I don't like the mirror-polished Scorpion look even though they sound just as good. And I don't like the carbon fiber look either, couldn't tell you why.

Unless someone can give me a good reason not to, I'm getting the Akrapovic cans.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Akrapovic titanium didn't need remapping either. I find it hard to believe those actually lose power.... Akrapovic is a world-class exhaust manufacturer. Most of the Isle of Man TT bikes use them from what I've seen.

There's a surprising amount of choices for cans with the FZ6 and I've considered them all. I keep going back to the Akrapovic. They sound great and they're titanium! I don't like the mirror-polished Scorpion look even though they sound just as good. And I don't like the carbon fiber look either, couldn't tell you why.

Unless someone can give me a good reason not to, I'm getting the Akrapovic cans.
i dont think fitting akrapovic loses power? according to 1 of the reports i saw online (sorry forgot where, somewhere in the forum) its laser that lost power. pls correct me if otherwise.

and akrapovic exhaust for fz6 are made of stainless steel, not titanium. source.

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont think fitting akrapovic loses power? according to 1 of the reports i saw online (sorry forgot where, somewhere in the forum) its laser that lost power. pls correct me if otherwise.

and akrapovic exhaust for fz6 are made of stainless steel, not titanium. source.

Check the graphs again, I'm pretty sure the Akrapovic says minus power. But the db killers are in, says so and you can see them.

I was perplexed when I read that site as well, I think either they made a publishing error on their own website, or the internals are steel and sleeves are titanium. Every system I see for sale says titanium. Their FAQ section refers to titanium vs carbon sleeves, and says nothing about stainless, so I think the internals are steel in either case and the sleeve is choice of titanium or carbon fiber. I emailed Akrapovic.

But it does refer to it as being the low-cost SP system, even though it doesn't look like it is one. Very confusing. On second thought, you may be right, it may be steel. But why is it $700 then? And why is it the lightest system in the test at only 3.5kg?

Last edited:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Check the graphs again, I'm pretty sure the Akrapovic says minus power. But the db killers are in, says so and you can see them.

I was perplexed when I read that site as well, I think either they made a publishing error on their own website, or the internals are steel and sleeves are titanium. Every system I see for sale says titanium. Their FAQ section refers to titanium vs carbon sleeves, and says nothing about stainless, so I think the internals are steel in either case and the sleeve is choice of titanium or carbon fiber. I emailed Akrapovic.

But it does refer to it as being the low-cost SP system, even though it doesn't look like it is one. Very confusing. On second thought, you may be right, it may be steel. But why is it $700 then? And why is it the lightest system in the test at only 3.5kg?
thanks for the correction. i did a search for the graph i was referring to. clicky. credits to Wavex.

now, how true is this? this looks like its scanned from a magazine. the legal exhausts for me to choose from are akrapovic, arrow, laser, leovince, yoshimura. scorpion, remus, termignoni are also legal, but not in this graph shown.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

Not sure if it is a "Good Reason" or not, but unless the design is different than the picture in the magazine, without the badge on the side, they look like 100 other exhausts out there.