Estatic new owner of an 07 FZ6

F

FZSex

I've been fortunate to have owned several good bikes. This is bike number 17 and OMG, I'm in love!

Took her for a nice 600 mile weekend trip for breakin and she performed flawlessly. Low end is better than I have read in reviews and while I don't have personal experience of power above 8k, I'm sure I'm gonna be just as pleased.

Stock seat sucks (for me) and after about 60 miles, I had a bad case of monkey butt and had to stand up or just get off the bike for a few minutes.

Hard to believe the FZ doesn't cost another 1k, awesome bike.

IMG00880.jpg

thats quite a lot of bike you have had, what's the breakdown? what made you choose the FZ6?

:welcome:

Ride lots and post often!!!

Glad to hear of your new purchase.

You're going to love this bike.
Careful throwing the additional $1,000.00 figure around, someone from Yamaha might just do it!

-best kept secret in the stock/naked class!

SHHHHHHH!

600 miles? That's all? I recently did 1500 and I think I like the stock seat now better than ever. Anyway, you haven't gotten above 8K RPM yet? Oh boy, fasten your seat belt. Everybody will tell you: that's just when the bike starts breathing.

Congratulation on the new bike! Welcome aboard! You're right, the stock seat sucks! I'm envious of the roads you have in TN! Enjoy! (Were those brief enough replies?!) :thumbup:

Congrads on the new bike. My first mod was a corbin seat. More comfortable but.... still get the monkey butt in this heat (110 heat index today).
- looking into some lycra underwear/undergarmets for the heat.

welcome aboard!!!:D if your happy with the power of the FZ6 below 8000 RPM, once you wind it up it will be like Christmas morning all over again!!!

:Sport:

thats quite a lot of bike you have had, what's the breakdown? what made you choose the FZ6?

Ride lots and post often!!!

Hi, I'm in Nashville.

Started riding street bikes in 1999 and had everything from a Buell Blast (great 1st bike, gonna find a used one for a cheap 2nd bike / commuter) to vstars, roadstar, roadstar warrior, vtx1800 to a 600rr to a vfr to vstroms big and small to a harley nightster and a suzuki m109.

17 total cause I trade often and I'm picky as hell. Some people do drugs or gamble, etc., I just trade and buy and sell bikes alot :D

Long and short, I always find myself liking the smaller "mid sized" bikes and this FZ, well I JUST GET IT. Its awesome, it feels right, I just love it.

Doing the 1st oil change tonight (great post here on the procedure) and using a wix because it was convenient. Will get the purolator next time to match my bike lol :thumbup:

I had a joe rocket silver manta tank bag and a silver tail bag left from my m109 and with two quick bungee hookups, I was good to go for my weekend getaway.

Fuel mileage on the interstate (yes I varied the rpms) from 65-75mph yielded 52mpg.

On a tank where I really pushed it and kept her 75-90mph, I got 43mpg.

The engine buzz is tolerable, was never annoying and is virtually nonexistent down low. GREAT JOB, YAMAHA

:Sport:

Just the guy I'm looking for...

I currently ride an 04 600rr...how does it compare to the FZ6? I'm thinking about selling the Honda and getting an FZ6 but wanted to get some feedback from someone who has ridden both. Lemme know your thoughts!

I've been fortunate to have owned several good bikes. This is bike number 17 and OMG, I'm in love!

Took her for a nice 600 mile weekend trip for breakin and she performed flawlessly. Low end is better than I have read in reviews and while I don't have personal experience of power above 8k, I'm sure I'm gonna be just as pleased.

Stock seat sucks (for me) and after about 60 miles, I had a bad case of monkey butt and had to stand up or just get off the bike for a few minutes.

Hard to believe the FZ doesn't cost another 1k, awesome bike.

IMG00880.jpg
She turns into a different bike after 8000rpm......HOLD ON!!!!!!! You did a spectacular job on the color choice. Have fun. :rockon:

Last edited:
I agree with your assessment of the mid-sized bikes, especially the FZ6. Congratulations on the purchase (sorry you got stuck with the inferior color), and welcome to the forum.

Back