Engine vibration

nsathya

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I am new to this forum. I git FZ S a month ago. Before first service a was experiencing some vibration but after the service Vibration increased. I feel the vibration at 4500 RPM (4k-5k) which is quite high, after 5k its smooth a silk. please help me with this

rypsis

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know what type and weight oil you had before and after the service? The weight of the oil (10W-30, 10W-W40 etc.) will affect how much the engine vibrates among other things. But I just got my own FZ6-N less than a month ago and have changed the oil once, so maybe the more experienced owners have more information on this.

And kudos on the great bike choice!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know in detail, what all they did during the service?

Did they adjust the idle, sync the throttle bodies, replace air filter?

Seriously, changing the oil should not make it run rough. It may change the audible sounds from the valve train ever so slightly but not much else.

nsathya

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know in detail, what all they did during the service?

Did they adjust the idle, sync the throttle bodies, replace air filter?

Seriously, changing the oil should not make it run rough. It may change the audible sounds from the valve train ever so slightly but not much else.
It seems they have changed oil, clutch timing and a water wash. This is wat they said to me.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Clutch timing? :confused: Do you mean they adjusted the clutch cable or something?

Anyways, the RPM range you gave is precisely where these engines buzz the most, at least until you hit about 10K RPM and up. How many miles/km are on the bike?