Egg shell finish belly pan

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes or no? Not even sure I'll keep it on, but I like it this color... Looks like less of a "tack-on." Thoughts?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Will take better pictures in daylight tomorrow, end of day project.

And the belly pan is the ebay one from lithuania, it was about $130 shipped if memory serves.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Old, old, OLD pictures of my bike (before I went naked), but I thought you might want to see what the blue belly pan would look like on a blue '06. :thumbup:

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely looks hot in blue! I work at a bodyshop so painting it again isn't a problem, I'm going to re-evaluate when I can see it out in the sun. Also, looks like you have the oem belly pan which covers more of the side of the bike... I'm just worried mine would stand out as the ebay add-on that it is. My main reason for getting it was because I wasn't a fan of the large gap between the header pipes and the engine, this seems to clean that up nicely and with subtlety. Will post more pics later today!

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with everyone else, it should match the paint color of the bike. Sounds like you got a good price though, and can paint it yourself, so that shouldn't be a problem

I think belly pans look great on these bikes, good choice.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
- from my experience I've never seen crinkle paint hold up as well as a smooth finish in satin or gloss.

If you want texture, you might opt for color coated chip guard. You normally see it on rocker panels of autos where rocks hit allot. It's more durable than Krinkle Finish, will last longer, and is clean easier can be waxed etc. One downside could be the heat from the headers making it more brittle and later it may chip as opposed to deflecting the rocks/pebbles.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Much better pics! I agree, leave it as is:thumbup:

That last picture looks like it was taken at the bay, where are you located in jersey? Im in Cape May.

Joe

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks dude! To each his own, I think I'm gonna roll with it like this for the moment. I thought about the rad sides, but then I feel like I'd have to do the forks, side plates, exhaust etc...

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks dude! To each his own, I think I'm gonna roll with it like this for the moment. I thought about the rad sides, but then I feel like I'd have to do the forks, side plates, exhaust etc...

Haha I know what you mean it snowballs very quickly. You would want to paint the triple to match, but then the handlebar doesnt match so you would have to paint it too, then you need to buy matching levers.......and paint the windscreen...

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
And yes, this is by the Raritan Bay... I live in the Matawan area, this pic was in Atlantic Highlands, or Highlands... one of those, just north of Sea Bright by the Ferry to Manhattan. There's a little road called Scenic Drive leading there (seemed like a no-brainer) and it's full of ocean views and tight turns! Very short, though... looking forward to exploring this summer.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, it looked like Delaware bay...You're a little more north then I thought. I'll have a lot more time to ride after June, so keep an eye out for invites:thumbup: