Dual Headlight Mod, - leagal?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you ever tried that argument with the Police? :D

Are you saying that there is a different law between driving with hi beams in two headlights and driving with in low beam with two headlights?

Why would a legislature even consider such an issue? Is it the 3 Stooges argument, hey lets drive between those two on-coming motorcycle headlights?

I guess then you need to call the police or HPD and just ask?

But I somehow doubt that the cops are out looking for illegal dual headlight mods because I would think it would be pretty hard to tell?

S

SidewallPuncture

it's not so much as driving "between" the two headlights, it's more likely that at first glance two headlights appear to be a car further away.

People sometimes have a problem judging distances in the day time, and everyone has a problem accurately judging it at nightime.
I've personally called myself a jackass because I made that mistake with a Harley who had extra lights on his forks.
I intially thought i had plenty of room to pass a slow car, the headlights of the "car" looked so much further down the road. As I pulled out, I knew my mistake and rolled back in behind the car. No harm no foul, but i fell prey to the deception that two lights offer.

I still run mine with both beams even though I'm aware of the problems that it itself will create, but I'm diligent and stay prepared for when someone makes the same misjudgment I did.