Dual headlight mod is only for looks.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd venture guess that the crisper cut off of the factory low beam makes it seem like the light energy is projecting further down the road.

-> What is deceiving is the scatter and glare coming UP from the adulterated low beam has your immediate focus because its directly in your field of view.

Look through it, The light is there but its playing tricks on your eyes. You might just unplug the low beam side out in the dark and see how far you can view objects with the mod'ed low beam.

chornbe

Reaction score
thepacepodcast.com
Well, back from my late night ride.

Removed the fairings, armed myself with 10mm socket and headed out. Found a pitch-black place with a wall, did adjustments and testing. After unplugging/plugging/unplugging...left/right/left/right.... I had to raise the right headlight a tiny notch. No horizontal alignment, the high-beam is just straight ahead.

Conclusion: while it does illuminate the road, it's not even remotely as good as the left one, which leaves a clear horizontal light line on the wall all the way across. The right one has some kind of interruption in the middle and in few places, and also on the ground on the sides it's not defined so well as the left. So, while it does provide some light, they are not the same, left beam is much superior in its coverage than the right beam.

Not surprising as it's a high-beam projector and it's meant to wash the road differently than your normal low beam projector.

Also, be sure your bulb is properly seated.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
What are halogen bulbs? :rolleyes:

Oh, right those candle colored dim things that came in the FZ6 stock. :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I do notice one thing that no one brought up, its damn hard to see with only one eye when leaned over. Having both lit really helps when going through the corners!

I think for this reason alone i may never run projectors as 1/2 the light is in the sky and the other 1/2 at the ground when cornering. With my scatter beam (hi beam) i can still see! :thumbup:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I do notice one thing that no one brought up, its damn hard to see with only one eye when leaned over. Having both lit really helps when going through the corners!

I think for this reason alone i may never run projectors as 1/2 the light is in the sky and the other 1/2 at the ground when cornering. With my scatter beam (hi beam) i can still see! :thumbup:

True, but you can just throw the high beams on before entering a curve to avoid this problem. Or be BMW and make their adaptive headlight system. I was going to design one for my thesis this year, but god damn BMW did it first.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

While that is true when on low beam mode if you run bi-xenon projectors on high beam the problem is no more when leaning. Alternately some people mount the dual projectors in a shallow "V" patters so as not to blind oncoming traffic but still give lots of light to the sides even when leaned over.
This is my dual FX-R bi-xenons in high beam mode!

Img_0385.jpg

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I also concur about the original post, adding the second low beam really doesn't add much light down the road. BUT, if you do the dual-headlight mod, make sure that when you aim your headlights, you still aim the left one for low beam, and the right one for high beam - don't try to aim the right one based on the new low beam pattern.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a 100% with you on the fact it looks great, people don't think your light is out and you're more noticeable by other people. However, on my bike it does not provide almost any light in front of the bike where it should be lighting the road.

For me too, on interstate I'm fine, but once I take the exit into my street, it is dark, no street lights, and when I turn on the highbeam, I can see the trees, birds on the trees, birds on the telephone poles, posters and stop signs, but it doesn't light up the road, but I travel less than 30 seconds in that road, before I turn into my apartment complex, which has better lighting.

Maybe I have to try adjusting the bulbs position.