Dual headlight mod. Brightness issue.

Mugsy

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently did the dual headlight mod to my 04. I did however notice that the H4 was not quite as bright as the H7 side. I bought a new H4 bulb thinking the bulb may just be old but it made no difference. I did notice in the H4 that there is a metal plate under the filament that perhaps blocks some of the light. This plate is not in the H7 bulb. The difference in the amount of light between the two is sutble but enough to trigger my OCD lol. Anyone else have this issue?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can play with the headlamp aiming for better results. The reflector is more designed for the high beam function and not the low beam function.

I'm assuming you did the mod that turns off the low beam when the high beam is active?

Mugsy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have it aimed more in line with the original side which helps the brightness issue considerabley. I also made sure both lights were within proper aiming specs. The difference is slight, but still noticeable if you were looking for it. The reflector which I assumed were the same could be the difference. Thanks for the post.

Last edited: