Dropped it already =[

jackdaniel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey im new here, just bought my 2006 fz6 last week, already got a dumba$$ move to post!

So im about to push my bike up into my garage/shed, and realize i need to angle the ramp a little better to get it in there, so i put tbe kickstand down, and as soon as take a step away, CRASH! kickstand dug into the grass and it toppled over. :(

Luckily the bike already has cosmetic damage, got it pretty cheap with low miles. Plus i personally like the streetfighter look anyways, so i figure id go that route.

anyways just thought id share what my neighbors are probably still laughing about..

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
First off, Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

A common oversight that could happen to anyone with any bike. 3 years ago I stopped on top of a dirt berm with my FZ that was fully loaded with luggage. I got distracted as I stopped and when I went to put my foot down, there wasn't anything to step on. I simply fell over as it was impossible to stop with all that weight. No damage as it was all dirt but the embarrassment factor was quite high!

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you didn't wait long to get that outta the way!(been there, done that) Now you can concentrate on having fun riding your Fizzer! Welcome!!!!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a proud member of the dropping your FZ club. Welcome to the club and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Jack!
I drop it and crash it so don't feel bad. I can tell you dropping is better than crashing.
You'll enjoy this fine group of people! The best around.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Easy done. I got off the bike the wrong way in my garage and draged the bike (only a 125cc) with my boot over on to me. :eek: :Flash: :D

jackdaniel

Reaction score
Visit site
well glad to know im not the only one, definately learned my lesson about parking on soft spots. and good thing it happened BEFORE i started putting new parts on it:thumbup:

rdrManny

Reaction score
Visit site
also be care ful when you stop on a gravel/loose road at stop sign. easy on throttle. no sudden movement. I dropped mine on day one. only minor scuff.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and thanks for the laugh. Sorry it happened but this is the only way to crash, when you're not riding it!

Let's see what sort of street-fighter this turns out to be!

MinisterMike

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather drop'em than crash. I dropped mine for the 2nd time early this year on my birthday. Really sucked. Thought the rider in front was going to slow-stop the light for a right hand turn, decided to full-stop, grabbed the front break, slammed the boys in the tank, lost mental consciousness, front wheel hit gravel, couldn't get leg down quick enough. Not sure if that qualifies as drop or a crash, only doing 2mph, before I stopped. Either way the ego and pride was hurt. Broke the right turn signal, bent the foot brake, scuffed the engine guard.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Sorry to hear about your drop, but at least it was not brand new and there was some damage already.

Mine was used too and had some damage. I have not dropped it yet (knock on wood) and I hope to fix it up over the winter.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup I've done things like that before.

First off, Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

A common oversight that could happen to anyone with any bike. 3 years ago I stopped on top of a dirt berm with my FZ that was fully loaded with luggage. I got distracted as I stopped and when I went to put my foot down, there wasn't anything to step on. I simply fell over as it was impossible to stop with all that weight. No damage as it was all dirt but the embarrassment factor was quite high!

haha must have been quite the sight.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I luckily am not part of that club ... but now that I say that it'll happen tomorrow :(