• yes

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • no

Votes: 144 89.4%

• Total voters

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm not trying to drag a knee, but it happened... i want to be more comfortable incase it happens again. Last time I freaked a little and went off line. Every session after I felt like i was going wide because I wanted to keep my knee off the ground. I was excited that it touched down, but I'm just not used to anything hard dragging.

I was looking through Race Day Photo but they didn't take pics after the first 3 sessions. First 2 sessions were slow laps to learn the proper lines. Look through racedayphoto.com and look for Poconos North with TPM. I should be mixed in there somewhere... There's also Bill Sink Riding his FZ6. I was thinking I want an R6 and it's position would be better so I could do more. Now I know I just want one for looks, because B Sink was flying... very inspiring for me.

:edit

ripped a few pics from the website, I ordered what few shots they took of me in ART Basic. I'm a little disappointed they didn't take more pictures after thr 3 or 4th session out of 6/7. I felt like I was leaning further over than ever before, but my lines went really bad. kept having mental blocks with my knee. anyway...

i believe the first pic is 1st or 2nd session. We were just learning the lines, pointing and shooting from cone to cone. The second picture might be from 3 or 4th session where we were supposed to have an instructor follow us and they can critique. Unfortunately they also allowed outside straight passing. Once someone people started passing on the outside AND inside of the straights, I decided to do my own thing. I regret not going slower so I could pair up with an instructor. I thought I was doing well early in the day, but too many people not enough coaches for criticism. Towards the end of the day, I had one or two follow me and they said I was doing pretty good, but looked "hesitant" might've been after I touched down a knee... that just messed up my lines the whole day.

Last edited:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, if you wanna get used to it....... do it often. Save your pennies & do as many track days as you can in a short amount of time. The only way you will get used to it is to do it often & then it wont be so foreign.
I remember the noise of the slider hitting the ground put me off a little at first.
After a few times you will get used to the sounds & sensations of sliding your knee on the deck. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, if you wanna get used to it....... do it often. Save your pennies & do as many track days as you can in a short amount of time. The only way you will get used to it is to do it often & then it wont be so foreign.
I remember the noise of the slider hitting the ground put me off a little at first.
After a few times you will get used to the sounds & sensations of sliding your knee on the deck. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

+1 well said

gpwanabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but only at the track. I had not been on a bike for 5 years when I bought the FZ6 3 months ago. Hope to get it on the track later this year.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
The other day, I wanted to learn how to put my knee down because I want to know what the fuzz is all about.
So I researched internet for about a half day at work to find the correct way to do it.
that evening I went out on a very big roundabout. (that was completely shutdown for traffic) and practiced it. After checking out the road for gravel and other stuff that might be a danger I'd giv it a go. I went alone, so I won't cross my own limits just to impress the other one. It went smooth, and the first kneedown felt like heaven.
I don't have softedged tyres (I'm planning to get me some pilot 2ct tyres) so I went easy on the leaning angle. but bit after bit, I was going faster and deeper into the curve. I went off the seat, put my boots on the tip om my peg and put the knee down.
In the picture I look like a monkey hanging from a tree, so I need to practice a lot more to find the correct bodyposition.
The peg did not touch the street, but the tip of my boot did. i was still about 1cm from the edge of my tire, I did'nt want to go faster because of the hard rubber tyres.
That would be the reason for my funny looking bodyposition. The more the bike is upright, the more I have to get off the bike and into the corner.

at the end of my first practice session I felt really good.
there was not one moment where I felt I was not in control.

It will be more fun with soft tyres, where the bike can lean even further, and I don't feel like a banana eating monkey anymore.

I was going about 110km/h and had to practice 20 minutes before the knee went actually down.
It was fun for sure, but I would never do it in a public road due to obvious reasons.

EDIT: I ripped my pants at kneehight (DEUH, stupid me)
I'll get me some knee sliders

Last edited:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Het "ei van wippelgem".

Watch out for the cops there, also on the "Stora".
A while back we could ride thos bends without real probs from the cops, but noaways they like writing tickets .... or worst get sued for street racing ...

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Het "ei van wippelgem".

Watch out for the cops there, also on the "Stora".
A while back we could ride thos bends without real probs from the cops, but noaways they like writing tickets .... or worst get sued for street racing ...

Thanks for the heads up.
I went to ride there again yesterday at noon, and the cops were there indeed.
They pulled me over to check my papers. Luckally I was stuck behind a car, so I was not speeding. thank god for the car!! If not, it was byebye drivers licence :spank:

The officer told me that they received numerous complaints about bikers "racing" those streets. i acted like I was shocked about that complaint :D

From now on, the only place that I will exceed speed limits are the area on the right from "het ei van wippelgem". Nice wide view. If there were cops there, you would spot them easy from km away.:rockon: