• Just sometimes, maybe ;)

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • What??? with today's gas prices, no way !!!! :(

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Take the long way around when you are out on the bike. For eg I was out early today and had to make a run to Wally world I could have just gone the shorter route but took the longer one just to ride longer :) Does anybody else do this too or am I just retarded :D

Last edited:
Since I live 15 miles from town and over 50 from a Wal-mart every trip is the long way around. :D

My place of work is 5 miles from where I live. If I am driving the car that is. If I am on the bike, it is usually 15-20 miles depending on which "longer" route I take :D

I took the long way home from work one day last summer, and it involved a part of Wyoming... :rockon:

I needed some groceries for lunch today, so last night I jumped on the bike and made it from Carrollton through Denton, out to Boyd, down to Springtown (stopped for dinner), through Ft Worth and back home. 150 miles round trip. I went to make my lunch this morning and realized I didn't stop for groceries, so I'll have to go riding at lunch to get something to eat.

I can't explain it either.

Last edited:
I think you would be retarded if you didn't take the long way around.....at least occasionally. Since I'm not a morning person I never get up in time for work so have to take the normal route but anywhere else I go I tend to take the long way around - my non-riding friends just don't understand.

Almost always. I try to find the route with the most twists, turns, and optimal traffic flow so I can keep on the throttle. :thumbup:

Weird...I go out for no reason...hahahahaha
How you doin sir...? are you still riding in this hot wheather...

Take the long way around when you are out on the bike. For eg I was out early today and had to make a run to Wally world I could have just gone the shorter route but took the longer one just to ride longer :) Does anybody else do this too or am I just retarded :D

Well, it's 12 miles to work, but always seems to be 40+ miles to get home? :don'tknow: :rockon:

the only time that i do not take the long way is when i can get home to see my wife and daughter...

Other that that i am lucky to get anywhere with all the extra tuns i take...:cheer:

I am a first time motorcyle owner and I live 5 klms from the gym and I usually do anywhere between 40 and 60 klms to get there and if it is a nice day I do the same thing on the way home.Last week I toke two days off to go to Wasaga Beach in Ontario from Montreal,1600 klms round trip, in two days.Greatest feeling in the world.

If I could I would do it all the time, but with little kids involved its unfortunately only a sometimes. They'll always come first.

Not infrequently I leave work and school headed for home. Shortly after my journey is begun I think "hey this is fun, it feels great!" So even though home is 10 min. away, it somehow takes me a good hour or two to get home as I trek through some twisties. and I thought I was the only one.... haha

Back